WTB FZ6R (los angeles)

Detrich

I think Id be really torn about trading the 6r in or selling it when the time comes... But how do u justify keeping 2 bikes? lol...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
And if you are getting a track bike, you dont have to worry about title or registration, etc. You can get a really cheap used R6 or something for a few grand. You wont want factory plastics on it anyways for when you do go down. Cheap track plastics etc... so you can sell the stocks for a pretty penny if you wanted to. It just gets expensive adding upgrades, tires, track fee's etc. Not the cheapest hobby out there.

Spunky99

And if you are getting a track bike, you dont have to worry about title or registration, etc. You can get a really cheap used R6 or something for a few grand. You wont want factory plastics on it anyways for when you do go down. Cheap track plastics etc... so you can sell the stocks for a pretty penny if you wanted to. It just gets expensive adding upgrades, tires, track fee's etc. Not the cheapest hobby out there.
My track bike is a NSR50....I ride in the stock class so no money is spent on upgrades and if I crash the damage to the bike and me will be minimal. I also fashioned a set of RR1000 frame sliders onto the bike to help keep the plastics in one piece.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Spunky99

:hijack::beer:

yeah, I know a couple of guys with liter bikes that will only ride 600s on the track... I'd love to get a 250 or less and be able to push that bike to it's capacity. the 50 look like they'd be fun as well, but not for my fat @$$. :D
If you know how to do it right, you can use your weight to carry you out of the corners with more inertia than the lighter riders. If you are nutz you can brake really late into the corners adding to that inertia. It's only 3rd to 6th gear in the straights that your fat A$$ will be a problem VS the lighter riders.
I'm just over 200 lb and it doesn't seem to be a big deal. The go-kart tracks keep the weight difference somewhat in check.

iSpoolin

I paid 4000$ for mine with 3200 miles, From a dealer though. The lowest I found a private seller one was 5000