WTB FZ6R (los angeles)

DrVillain

I'm willing to pay 3700 for one. I found great deals for some even cheaper than 3700 in San Diego but I'm a little lazy to drive down there. If I don't find an offer soon, I plan on making the trip.

DrVillain

Ive found 6 for cheaper than that price but they were sold quickly. I know of 2 currently that haven't been sold yet but its a little further away from me then Id prefer. I know it is on the low side, but I know some thing will come through.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

DrVillain

lol I'm not forcing anyone to sell their bike, so no one is "disappointing" me. I don't know how many times I need to state that I have found private sellers willing to sell for that low. Of course it is not as common, but they have been found. Sheesh I'm just trying to buy a good bike at a price I prefer.

k6gad

lol I'm not forcing anyone to sell their bike, so no one is "disappointing" me. I don't know how many times I need to state that I have found private sellers willing to sell for that low. Of course it is not as common, but they have been found. Sheesh I'm just trying to buy a good bike at a price I prefer.
I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. If you are looking for a deal try bike trader. If you have found so many private sellers willing to sell for that low why don't you pull the trigger and get one? What are you waiting for? Let's see the pics......

DrVillain

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. If you are looking for a deal try bike trader. If you have found so many private sellers willing to sell for that low why don't you pull the trigger and get one? What are you waiting for? Let's see the pics......
Barking up the wrong tree is posting a "WTB" thread in the "WTB thread" section? Does that make any sense? And once again, if you read my first post in this thread you will find answers to each of your questions.

flyingminno

Barking up the wrong tree is posting a "WTB" thread in the "WTB thread" section? Does that make any sense? And once again, if you read my first post in this thread you will find answers to each of your questions.
He meant that you're expecting to get such a low price on a bike that was sold new for ~ $6,700, and also a machine that everyone on here regards as a great bike that holds it's worth.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some close-out prices on a bike at a dealership, but I think you won't have very many opportunities to buy it at that price from a private seller.

Also, keep an eye on Craigslist, there are some in the high $4,000 range right now. If you find a bike you consider, post the pics on here and the price with the mileage info and we will be glad to advise you on the buy.

Last edited:

Spunky99

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a second 2009 FZ6R for the track.

I'm looking to find one that is cherry, has less than 1000 miles on it and is in perfect condition with no scratches. I want to pay $1200.00 tops and it must be delivered by a Hooters girl.

I've seen a bunch of deals out there like this but they were all 10 miles from my house and I want one that is 5 miles or less because I want to be able to drive my electric bicycle over to look at it to make sure it is ALL THAT!
The electric bicycle will only go about 16 miles on a charge so 10 miles each way is just too far.

I'd like to buy the bike cash money but I want it to come with lots of gear and some nice Sidi boots too.

Anyone rocking with a deal for me like this? $1200.00 cash money in US currency....and the title needs to be clear too.....and currently registered....and not be that white color....and ....and ....and .....

flyingminno

Hi,

I'm looking to find one that is cherry, has less than 1000 miles on it and is in perfect condition with no scratches. I want to pay $1200.00 tops and it must be delivered by a Hooters girl.

I've seen a bunch of deals out there like this but they were all 10 miles from my house and I want one that is 5 miles or less because I want to be able to drive my electric bicycle over to look at it to make sure it is ALL THAT!
The electric bicycle will only go about 16 miles on a charge so 10 miles each way is just too far.

I'd like to buy the bike cash money but I want it to come with lots of gear and some nice Sidi boots too.

Anyone rocking with a deal for me like this? $1200.00 cash money in US currency....and the title needs to be clear too.....and currently registered....and not be that white color....and ....and ....and .....
Haha, be nice! How's the weather out in Redondo look tomorrow? I was considering heading on PCH.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

GHOSTWITTHEMOST

I payed about 8000 for my new 2010 not including the interest. Seemed HIGH to me at the time, but i was so focused on getting this bike bc I really felt that this was the bike for me. After riding it home from the dealership with my smile from ear to ear, 5 yrs of paying 170 a month for the feeling it gives me is well worth it:):):)I love my bike lol

Spunky99

Haha, be nice! How's the weather out in Redondo look tomorrow? I was considering heading on PCH.
Mostly cloudy, 61F and 10% chance of rain....Looks like riding weather....
PCH will most likely have some marine layer issues in the morning and afternoon.

There are lots of people looking for bargains right now with the economy in such bad shape and people running out of $. I had a few people offer me $500.00 for my YSR50 in all seriousness. I suppose if you look hard enough you can find an extra special super duper deal from a guy that just lost his job, house, wife and has to dump his bike to eat.

I think I've seen a total of 5 FZ6Rs for sale in So Cal in the last year so I wonder where he saw 6 of them at $3700.00 or less cause none of the ones I saw were under 5K.

Now if I can just find that Mooney Ovation for around 20K, I'd be all over it.

DrVillain

He meant that you're expecting to get such a low price on a bike that was sold new for ~ $6,700, and also a machine that everyone on here regards as a great bike that holds it's worth.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some close-out prices on a bike at a dealership, but I think you won't have very many opportunities to buy it at that price from a private seller.

Also, keep an eye on Craigslist, there are some in the high $4,000 range right now. If you find a bike you consider, post the pics on here and the price with the mileage info and we will be glad to advise you on the buy.
I appreciate this post, since it was the only one with positive advice. Will do.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Hi,

Sorry DrVillian.... but that's some funny sh!t there, Spunky! I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to say it. :D

DrV, Are you sure your finding FZ6R's and not it's brother, the FZ6's at those prices?? I looked up FZ6R's on craigslist in SD and LA, and also looked up on cycletrader and Ebay and haven't found ANY (new or used) at under $4800....but found some FZ6's in your price range. I think we are all just curious and want to see the 'deals' your finding, 'cuz I'm not seeing them out there.

If you find a FZ6R new or used (in good shape) for $3700 OTD....buy that now, 'cuz that's a good deal for a great bike!!

Spunky99

Dawg,
Thanks for reading my post exactly as I meant it....We all need to loosen up a bit and laugh at ourselves. I've reread some of my posts and I swear I must have had a stick up my backside to have written what I posted.
So I tried to toss some levity in there hoping DrV would see the opening and enlighten us about his experience with FZ6R pricing because none of us were seeing those kind of deals out there.

Love to see him snag one at that price tho...:D

bjs045

I called BS on this one too...so I searched for our bike on craiglist in the Los Angeles area...there are a handful of fz6r's going for 4300. One was a bit cheaper but it was in a crash and was selling for "as is"........