Would you take your bike on a gravel road?

RoadTrip

We gots 2 miles of gravel road to our cabin, sometimes the caliche chunks are egg sized and the front wheel goes crazy, FZ6R was sketchy, but the gixxer, wow, that'll make you real tense. But, done about half a dozen trips out there, and now it seems like no big deal, it's about relaxation and focus.

Yasmar

Looking to maybe take my FZ6R for a camping trip but worried I might end up on some rough roads. Wondering if others take theirs on gravel roads?

Other option is I look at getting another bike (enduro) :)

You don't need another bike for serious offroad... just the right set of tires and/or the right amount of determination ;)

Attachments

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

dawg

Wow soo much great info... thanks everyone!!!

Now I need to find something to carry all my gear. I'll probably start a new thread asking questions about that.

Last edited:

Skidro

When we do our biking/camping weekends in the mountains we look for out of the way camping spots for peace & privacy. It usually turns into a dare and if you'll go I'll follow you.

Last couple of times it was a Harley, FZ1 & my FZ6R and we went up trails & roads that were meant for four wheelers & dirt bikes, but we all have many years of experience riding on & off road.

Y

yellowfz

I do wheelies on dirt.
I do wheelies and drift (power slide is the old name for it) on dirt or gravel. :cool:
My wife has ridden hers down several dirt roads and it is a big old VStar, and she's a girl.

Last edited by a moderator:

JSP

Super Moderator
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KA-nWk_VxU]Sport Bikes in the Dirt: Riding The Apache Trail - YouTube[/ame]