Wiring for front flush mounts?

ZigsFZ6R

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the mod world and I don't know much. I just installed my proton flush mounts no problem....probably the easiest thing ever. But there is no harness attached with my lights. It's just 2 free wires. When looking at the harness from the bike itself, there are 3 prongs. I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere and I don't know how to hook up 2 wires to 3 prongs. Help?

ZigsFZ6R

nevermind, i'm returning everything tomorrow....i ordered flush mounts and a fender eliminator kit from the Yamaha dealer and nothing fits right. Rumble Concepts has failed me

jrv81

i dont know if its too late but leave the harness but cut after it towards the light, not bike. You will be left with the harness then 3 wires going out. You would then do cut and splice black to black, red to blue and then yellow or orange to green or brown depending on which side your doing.

Black - black
red - blue
yellow - brown or green (flashing LED)
or
orange - brown or green (normal turn flicker)

Hope this helps

rjsantana20

I think Zigs has returned the Protons.

However, I have a problem with my protons. After a while of riding (40 mins) my front proton lights begin to blink like hazard lights. When I press my turn signal then blink slower. My rear Comp Werks FE lights are not affected.

I wrote to Proton and this is what they said:

So the rear signals don’t have running lights? Sometimes LED running lights, if not designed correctly, will leak power into the turn signal circuit which can cause them to flash.

If the rear signals are not running lights, then most likely the problem is the flasher relay. LED’s require less power to run, so there can be a voltage that is enough to turn on the LED’s but not enough to turn a bulb on – so even though you could plug the OEM bulbs to the wires and they act normally, there may still be a voltage there, just not enough to turn on the bulb but enough to turn on the LED’s.

The best solution would be to unplug the OEM flasher relay and replace it with an electronic flasher. You could try removing the flushmounts and connect the blink wire to the positive terminal on your battery and the black wire to ground – they should flash. When you connect the red wire to positive and black to ground the running light should come on (and only the running light). If the blinker comes on, the problem is with the flushmounts. If the blinker doesn’t come on, the problem would be with the wiring – most likely the flasher relay.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Seems like a nice guy. We conversed for about 2/3 more emails.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone had to fiddle with their relay? Where is the relay anyway? :confused:

jrv81

sorry to hear that...i havent seen or heard anyone yet but have you tried to make sure wiring is good? Anything touching that shouldnt?

kevcoop

Is there anyway to turn the after market signals to also be running lights?

jrv81

it should actually if wired up the way i had it...it stays on just like your headlights and the way it was at stock...how did you wire it?

rjsantana20

sorry to hear that...i havent seen or heard anyone yet but have you tried to make sure wiring is good? Anything touching that shouldnt?
I followed the wiring from the Proton packaging. I also played around with the normal blink and fast blink. Nothing is touching because I wrapped the connections with tape. I also soldered the connections. I was going to cut and rewire for the hell of it before doing the relay thing. Just not sure what's wrong.

falconrider

So the rumble concept flush mounts have a black wire and a yellow wire. the stock ones have black, green, and blue wires. Does anyone know how to wire these together?
Your help would be greatly appreciated

SpawnXX

Premium Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

falconrider

Thanks for the help guys. Got it figured out. Just went without the running lights. I think it looks better that way anyways