Winter Storage

Sandro

Hey everybody,

I live in Canada and I may only have a couple more weeks until I decide my hands are cold enough to end the season. I have the 2014 fz6r and it is this is my first bike in my first season of riding. Can anybody tell me what you recommend for storing the bike for the winter? I will have it in my attached garage.

jasper909

This will be my first year as well. From what I read, do an oil change, fill the tank up and put fuel stabilizer in it, get the tires off the ground (or put a few pieces of thick cardboard under them at least). Give it a good cleaning and drying (wax if you have it). Plug in a battery tender, and she is good to go! Maybe throw a cover on it if it is being stored outside (or even inside, to keep the dust off a bit).

Like I said, this is my first year of bike storage so I may have missed something.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Sandro

lol yeah must be nice, the 8k I've put on my bike this season is comparatively a ton of use to others I know. Canada is not very motorcycle friendly :(

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

latony007

lol yeah must be nice, the 8k I've put on my bike this season is comparatively a ton of use to others I know. Canada is not very motorcycle friendly :(
Thats pretty good, i only got about 5k on mine in the last year, however i ride just on the weekends and have 2 bikes so i split time on them. As a total i would say i rode around 8000 since july of 13.