Windscreen DB or Cut

rahuljp

Hey guys

I went through a bunch of the threads here and I saw that some people have cut the windshield to reduce turbulence and others have used the double bubble with varying results...

I recently removed the windshield to see how much of a difference it would make and it made a world of difference... at least for local riding, but highways are pretty hard, especially since theres nothing to tuck behind.

For those of you who has cut the windshield, have you been able to tuck without any issues?

Has the DB made a difference for those you of who have that? I'm 5'10 FYI.

Also, has anyone cut a DB windscreen?

Thanks!

2wheelie

I have the DB, and the difference is not by much (if any) from the stock one. I cut the stock by 5 inches and it feels just great on any road but highways. What I did, I drilled holes in the low stock one and put the DB on top of it if I know that I'll have to use the highways. It still yield some wind, but no buffeting or wind to my chest.
I have tried all kinds of shields but results are more or less the same. Maybe the 20 inches or higher one, or some custom will do better, but I didn't try that yet.

ksanbon

I haven't ridden w/ a cut windscreen, but have used the stock windscreen, the Yam DB, & the Puig Race Screen.
I'm 5'9" & measure 24" from the seat (not raised) to the top of my shoulders
The Puig offers the smoothest airfow and best protection with very little windblast to my chest. The DB has better protection than stock, but turbulance & chest protection were still issues for me.
I'm sold on the Puig. If I was looking for better protection, I'd check out Marthy's.

bobski

Hey guys (and gals) . . Marthy is just looking for a few more committments and he's going to build another batch of his great 22" screens. Send him a private note if you need more information or want to get your name on the list for one (before it's full !).