when you think it wouldnt happen to you and...BAM!

Last edited:
This will be my last post on the matter. Get a free consultation with a qualified attorney. You can make up your own mind as to whether or not you want them to represent you after you get their analysis of the totality of the case.There are many types of damages, and unless you are an expert on the subject you are not qualified to negotiate with an insurance company. This may not be a 9000.00 dollar case, it may be a 90,000.00 dollar case. Don't be foolish; talk to an expert.

yeah her foot slipped right? look at the phone in her hands... somthing tells me it has to do with that little device..... and her new car that you now have hitched to your bike like a trailer... now you can ride 6 up lol one on back 5 behind XD

I have to agree with leprecaun jon I don't believe her foot slipped, she probably was either texting or talking on the phone, either or I don't think her foot just slipped. And yeah again it probably wouldnt hurt to get a free consultation, atleast do that much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Glad you're ok.

I just had my 1st bike accident a week ago. So I know how it feels. Like you, had a stupid woman who asked me to move the bike while it was down on pavement (the bike) and I was alone. I just ignore her. Later she called the cops. They end helping me and moving the bike, ha.

If you have good coverage, check with insurance. If nothing major happened to you, don't recommend a lawyer, won't be cost effective.

And I know this won't fix the issue, but as an advice, I always blink stop sign and keep looking my rear when I stopped on a traffic light. It won't totally prevent this but on occasions can help.

My personal opinion is, let insurance take care of it. There is a good chance they will write off the bike. The reason I suggest that is that it is dangerous to be riding a bike that may have received damage to the alignment/swingarm. When I crashed my bike, they wrote it off, even though it was a $10 000 bike that could have been fixed for a few thousand.

Then if your injuries turn out to be long term and serious, you can get a lawyer.

You've probably got a slightly buckled wheel, which on cast wheels like in the fz6r is dangerous. They're brittle things, don't like being hammered into shapes while cold. my mate ended up with a new wheel from a tiny pothole, your accident looks much worse.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

When a lady backed into me when we were sitting at a red light (yea, you read that right) a guy from the gas station asked if I needed him to run home and get his trailer and ties. Super nice guy. He was a harley rider and he really liked my bike (05 fz1 at the time).

Shame more people aren't like this.
Why is it so hard for some people to drive a vehicle?

My personal opinion is, let insurance take care of it. There is a good chance they will write off the bike. The reason I suggest that is that it is dangerous to be riding a bike that may have received damage to the alignment/swingarm. When I crashed my bike, they wrote it off, even though it was a $10 000 bike that could have been fixed for a few thousand.

Then if your injuries turn out to be long term and serious, you can get a lawyer.
If you settle on the bike, they will require you to release them of their liability. You cash that check, it's game over. The lawyer may be willing to handle the case on a sliding scale (if they settle prior to trial their % of the recovery is less). Remember, the adjuster gets rewarded for saving the insurance company money; the attorney gets rewarded for getting you everything you are entitled to. Unless you understand the difference between incidental and consequential damages, subrogation, stacking of benefits and how does that apply if the defendant's policy was issued out of the state of the accident, and on and on, you better get some help. Insurers love those people who think they are getting a bargain by not using an attorney. What incentive do they have to offer you full compensation? i'm just sayin….

Last edited:
I turn down someone at least once a week after listening to their facts and realizing they don't need me to settle their case. Get a free consultation from a qualified attorney before you try to settle your case. As I posted before, you can listen and then decide whether or not you want to hire the attorney.

Last edited:
Yes I am, which is why I know what I'm talking about. I am licensed in the state of Tennessee only, and therefore I can not give legal advice on any matter other than one occurring in Tennessee. I'm not using this forum in my capacity as an attorney. Quite frankly, I have more business now than I need with my current staff. I am a member because I own and ride a 2011 FZ6R. I don't have a dog in this fight other than I don't want a fellow motorcyclist to make a mistake that he might literally suffer for, the rest of his life. People love to characterize attorneys as greedy, uncaring ambulance chasers who are simply out to make a money. This is simply untrue. I know through experience that insurance companies are businesses, and as such they want to maximize their profit. There is nothing wrong with that. Make no mistake, they will pay you as little as they can get by with. They don't have a duty to give you legal advice, they have a duty to honor their contract. For your information, I am also a retired Kentucky State Trooper, and have been certified as an expert in motor vehicle accident investigation in U.S. federal court. I am also a licensed airplane pilot. My opinion is that this rider should get a free consultation with a qualified attorney in his area before he attempts to negotiate a settlement with his insurance company. I am sure by now he is aware of both our positions. I wish you no ill will. Ride safe and enjoy your motorcycle and your life.

Sucks. Are you sure there's no frame damage?

yeah really, the subframe is probably tweaked, and the swingarm, and... I've seen bikes totaled out for less damage than that.

glad you're OK, first looking at the pics and would guess at least a broken leg, if not more

unless the insurance co. gives up the $, I'd say lawyer up, they just had an episode on OCC
Home | US Biker Law

Last edited:
Last edited:
Insist that her phone records be pulled, not sure the laws in your state but it couldn't hurt. On a side bar: Please don't lump all women together as bad drivers. I have been driving for 30 years with no accidents that were my fault...probably because I respect the fact that I am driving a 5000 lb vehicle and take it seriously and when I'm behind the wheel the only thing I do is drive and pay attention. It's kinda like saying "All Democrats are communists and "All Republicans are racist".

Insist that her phone records be pulled, not sure the laws in your state but it couldn't hurt. On a side bar: Please don't lump all women together as bad drivers. I have been driving for 30 years with no accidents that were my fault...probably because I respect the fact that I am driving a 5000 lb vehicle and take it seriously and when I'm behind the wheel the only thing I do is drive and pay attention. It's kinda like saying "All Democrats are communists and "All Republicans are racist".

but everyone knows this is in fact true :popcorn:

Back