What's your "dream" bike?

M3Sharif

Been riding my FZ6R and really learning allot this year. Can't help dreaming about maybe just maybe upgrading to something with a little more power and style next year. Anybody else feel that same itch?

Just got done salivating at a 848 in the Ducati dealership (great looking machine), but I think it's too much of a Track Oriented Bike. I need something just a little more street friendly so others on my list are a GSXR 750, Daytona 675, and 2009 Ninja ZX-6R.

So let's hear it what's everyone's dream bike?

fz6rwolf

For some weird reason I really like triumph Tigers.:confused:

joloy133

Right now I'm riding it, an everyday all-purpose bike... my yellow FZ6R. If I will specialize with a long-range touring bike, I'll look at a BMW and KTM. If I think track bike or racer, there are so many choices.

JSP

Super Moderator
Definitely a long range touring type bike.

Really like the FJR1300!

shreveport1

My dream bike,and also my next bike..:D will be an FZ1!!! same color as my Fz6 which I will keep also.. :D I hope to give it to my wife after she learns to ride the ninja 250 i'm going to get her now that she has the M/C fever!! :D

Attachments

Last edited:

WenMark

One that is paid off
Does not break down
Gets catcalls like a sexy lady...yeah!:D

nc_fz6r

Bimota - Tesi 3D

Bigevildoer

Been riding my FZ6R and really learning allot this year. Can't help dreaming about maybe just maybe upgrading to something with a little more power and style next year. Anybody else feel that same itch?

Just got done salivating at a 848 in the Ducati dealership (great looking machine), but I think it's too much of a Track Oriented Bike. I need something just a little more street friendly so others on my list are a GSXR 750, Daytona 675, and 2009 Ninja ZX-6R.

Well, you got the brand right, but the bike is wrong... gotta be a Ducati 1198.
The KTM RC8 would be a fantastic ride as well, but at $21K it's a tad bit too pricey and it is most definitely a race bike...

I figure when this FZ6R is done being paid for (2 years) I'll start saving for a Ducati - probably the 848 though. I'll keep the FZ6R for my cruising bike - put on the hard bags and that kind of goodness...

later!

MNDZA

GSXR 750 is coming soon for me. I don't think you'll like the Daytona if you don't like a very track oriented bike. I test rode one and even though it has a great motor, it sits very high and angles you very forward.

Verranth

I really want the FJR1300, but I think the FZ6R could probably do the job with a better seat. I dont know how it would handle with a full load in the back though.

I thought that the FZ1 would be a great upgrade, but after pushing the 6R, I am having second thoughts. Do I really need a liter bike so I can get to the next traffic light 2 seconds faster than before??!!

I guess if you are out there trying to get "looks", then thats reason enough to upgrade.

If I want power, I might get the VMAX! :rof:

rleckert

Probably the FZ1, but I do want to test ride a Buell XB12 - I sat on an 09 yesterday and gotta believe this would be a fun ride.

xplodnstar

Figuring that the seat height and weight were set up for me, I'd want the FZ1 in white. Of course this really is a dream bike because there is no way I would ever fit on a bike like that. Unless I got surgery to lengthen my legs and became a body builder. :p

M3Sharif

Well, you got the brand right, but the bike is wrong... gotta be a Ducati 1198.
The KTM RC8 would be a fantastic ride as well, but at $21K it's a tad bit too pricey and it is most definitely a race bike...

I figure when this FZ6R is done being paid for (2 years) I'll start saving for a Ducati - probably the 848 though. I'll keep the FZ6R for my cruising bike - put on the hard bags and that kind of goodness...

later!
When I first started this thread I was thinking next bike from a pseudo-realistic point of view then half-way thru I switched it up to "dream" bike. So yes in a full-out dream world it would be the 1198 :D

M3Sharif

GSXR 750 is coming soon for me. I don't think you'll like the Daytona if you don't like a very track oriented bike. I test rode one and even though it has a great motor, it sits very high and angles you very forward.
I've been looking at the 750 quite a bit as well. Not that I'm crazy about Suzuki's but the 750 engine seems like a great do-it all choice. Not sure I want a SuperSport (600) with the lack of toque down low everybody seems to complain about.

I don't have a Triumph dealer anywhere near me so I haven't had the chance to test-sit that bike. I do like the fact that it stands out from the crowd in terms of engine and looks tho.

Spawn316

A 2009 R1. I really like the new styling, but with my limited skills I don't think I'd be able to handle that bike yet.

Manna69247

Race: KTM RC8 or Aprilia RSV4
Tour: Yamaha FJR or Triumph ST
Future: FZ1 or R ;)
Now: FZ6R

I really don't think I'll ever need the top stuff. It will only get me in trouble. And unless me and my wife start touring, I won't need a touring bike - my daughter is only 11 and it will close her out of the fun.

If I don't take long rides and my ability in account, wow, the Aprilia RSV4 is beautiful.

GoGreen09

Before yesterday, I was thinking of the Ducati Monster. I don't really know why, but it's just been the bike I've really wanted. Well, I went to watch my friend race yesterday at Infineon, and the Monster idea just went out the door! R1s are looking so good now! Riding abilities aren't there yet, but I will get one... someday!