what's your cutoff point temp wise ?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Yeah, mine was running at 160 pretty even this morning at 25-35 degrees. All my gear has wind blocking in it, but I'm still cold from this morning :(. The ride home wasn't so bad because it was in the low 50's to mid 40's. That's doable for me, but that 25 with the windchill at 65 MPH making it more around 3 degrees...well, that just took all the fun out of riding and made it more of a quest for survival.

I wish the Yamaha had heated grips. In the mean time I ride my BMW R1200GS with heated gear and grips. Last ride was on Saturday, then snow on Sunday :rant:

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

ry-mac75

Took a gamble, rode the bike into work... it is now lightly snowing. Eff me.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ry-mac75

hahaha - if you see that I haven't posted for a few days... you'll know if I made it or not ;)

Spunky99

Was a brisk 44f this morning on the way in. I zipped in the liner onto my Alpinestars NYC pre punched leather jacket. It has the fleece that wraps around the neck and with the XXL gloves and the isotoner gloves I use as glove liners, I was nice and warm except for my legs in beige jeans.
I love Southern California.

ry-mac75

I got home without incident yesterday... got up this morning and it was -1C... no big deal... grab my gear, head down to the garage... big fluffy snowflakes... I tried to psych myself up (theweathernetwork.com said nothing about snow all day - so it probably won't last)... the wussed out and took the cage to work. I feel shame.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ry-mac75

so either you're stuck at work, or you made it home ok? :D
Ha - I'd only do an overnight at work if the chick across from me was the one doing the inviting.

JnT4Life

I rode 52 miles at 23 degrees yesterday, but I was on the Vstar :D

No heated gear. Just bundled up.

Attachments

Last edited:

NYGirl

Last year, used my snowmobile gear, rode around 35 degrees.

This year, got Gerbings heated jacket & gloves, still don't want to be out when it's below 32 degrees. All the comments about black ice apply!
:surrender:

I have to say, the heated gear is totally worth the investment. I wear a T-shirt under the jacket and my regular jacket over it so i still have armor. When you click the heat on, it feels like someone has poured warm chocolate pudding all down your back.. aaaah!!

Last edited:

Spunky99

Last year, used my snowmobile gear, rode around 35 degrees.

This year, got Gerbings heated jacket & gloves, still don't want to be out when it's below 32 degrees. All the comments about black ice apply!
:surrender:

I have to say, the heated gear is totally worth the investment. I wear a T-shirt under the jacket and my regular jacket over it so i still have armor. When you click the heat on, it feels like someone has poured warm chocolate pudding all down your back.. aaaah!!
Hmmmmmm...yummy thought.....LOL

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Going to be 43 here in the morning when I ride to work. Plus I don't have new winter gear yet since my wreck so I'm still going to wear my mesh, jeans, and mesh gloves.

Probably going to wear a glove liner hoodie and beanie underneath.

arkkornkid

Rode to work this morning.... 24 degrees/windchill 17 ..... it's not terrible, but not fun either

I really don't have winter gloves, so my fingers were pretty cold. That and visor trying to fog up a bit were my only issues.