What type of cleaners are you guys using?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Someone recently turned me onto Honda Polish which IMO is a great polish. I have been using it exclusively lately with good results. Besides the Honda polish I use goo gone for tough wheel stains ect & use generic chain cleaner(whatever is on sale).

What types of cleaners do you use?

goo too and windex with cotton disp gloves. shiney mofo:thumbup:

Simple Green works wonders.

Just like the car, occasional wax, and light baths in between, usually a series of damp towels with Motorex bike wash, then rinse towels, and dry towels. Meguiars Quik Wax spray is also a great between wax dressing for plastic and paint to keep bugs easier to remove, the silicone based polishes are another good method (e.g. the Honda Polish).

Occasionally I use treatments on the vinyl and plastics to keep them from aging as well. I don't obsess over minor paint chips and scratches on my machines, I consider them normal patina, I don't try to polish them out with compounds and what not, just keep them as clean as you can and enjoy driving and riding.

The main reason why I don't use a "wax" is because of the residue that gets trapped between the fairing gaps.

Turtle Wax Ice is pretty sweet. Can go on anything.

Last edited:
uses whatever chain cleaner is on sale as well, have used a variety of car wash products as well. I use an arisol window cleaner and lucas quick mist between washes to get the bugs off and shine it up.

I use the mothers quick detailer spray for inbetween washes, meguiars car wash for washes, dupont motorcycle degreaser for the chain and wheels, and chain wax for the chain. wd-40 works well on the wheels also.

Back