What Not To Wear (while riding)

Detrich

Damn that seagull must've hurt. Awesome looking R1 though.

Enjarin

Elite Member

redwing-2001

Doing errands today we started counting how many riders we saw wearing gear besides a helmet. Saw about 20 riders and only one was wearing gear. I just don't get it. So have any of these people actually gone down and just don't care or are they just that overconfident? Or both?
they probably have no experience/education and really don't think about it. They have never felt or seen the effects of a crash without gear. They are likely thinking "it will never happen to me, I'm not planning on crashing". and on and on... Most of them get away with it because they don't ride that much.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I ride every other day...have been down 7 times....still don't where gear when it gets above 90. Yes accidents do happen but I feel confident enough in my riding skills to be able to avoid most serious accidents.
Been down 7 times.... Confident in riding skills.....

That's funny.... :D

DakinechicK

I ride every other day...have been down 7 times....still don't where gear when it gets above 90. Yes accidents do happen but I feel confident enough in my riding skills to be able to avoid most serious accidents.
:facepalm:

Welp, good luck with that. :D

Superzoom

All but one were under 30mph.... and all were because I was distracted... So yeah I feel confident...learned from my mistakes...
Don't mean to start a fight, but I'm thinking what if the SUV approaching from your right is distracted (happened to me); what if the kid playing with the ball on his lawn is distracted; what if the truck changing lanes in front of you is distracted; what if the deer grazing by the side of the road is distracted. Unless you can see into the future, you don't know how your next close call is going to play out.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator