What an experience!

yfz6r

I raced a Harley the other day, and after some really hard riding I finally managed to pass the guy. I was riding on one of those really, really, twisting
sections of Mountain road with no straight sections to speak of and
where most of the curves have warning signs that say "15 MPH".

I knew if I was going to pass one of those monsters with those
big-cubic-inch motors, it would have to be a place like this where
handling and rider skill are more important than horsepower alone.

I saw the guy up ahead as I exited one of the turns and knew I could
catch him, but it wouldn't be easy. I concentrated on my braking and
cornering. Three corners later, I was on his tail. Catching him was one
thing; passing him would prove to be another.

Two corners later, I pulled up next to him as we sailed down the
mountain. I think he was shocked to see me next to him, as I nearly got
by him before he could recover. Next corner, same thing. I'd manage to
pull up next to him as we started to enter the corners but when we came
out he'd get on the throttle and outpower me. His horsepower was almost
too much to overcome, but this only made me more determined than ever.

My only hope was to outbrake him. I held off squeezing the lever until
the last instant. I kept my nerve while he lost his. In an instant, I
was by him. Corner after corner, I could hear the roar of his engine as
he struggled to keep up. Three more miles to go before the road
straightens out and he would pass me for good.

But now I was in the lead, and he would no longer hold me back. I
stretched out my lead and by the time we reached the bottom of the
mountain, he was more than a full corner behind. I could no longer see
him in my rear-view mirror.

Once the road did straighten out, it seemed like it took miles before he
passed me, but it was probably just a few hundred yards. I was no match
for that kind of horsepower, but it was done. In the tightest section
of road, where bravery and skill count for more than horsepower and deep
pockets, I had passed him. Though it was not easy, I had won the race
to the bottom of the mountain.

I will always remember that moment. I don't think I've ever pedalled so
hard in my life. And some of the credit must go to Schwinn, as well.
They really make a great bicycle.

Spunky99

LOLOLOLOL......

A tough looking group of bikers were riding when they saw a girl about to jump off a bridge so they stopped.

The leader, a big burly man, gets off his bike and says, "What are you doing?"
"I'm going to commit suicide," she says.

While he did not want to appear insensitive, he didn't want to miss an
opportunity so he asked... "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?"

So she does... And it was a long, deep lingering kiss.

After she's finished, the biker says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had.
That's a real talent you are wasting. You could be famous. Why are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl......"

Michael Wilson

cute stories guys :)

lwclancers

I thought I was reading something from Penthouse forums or something the way it was written :eek:

AngryAnt

Semi-Unrelated side story:

I've never sat on a cruiser larger than 250cc. One of 3 people I know that own a bike recently bought a 1200cc Harley "bored out to 1700" (his words, not mine). Fairly young guy, but typical cruiser driver. It needed to be loud, heavy, and he didn't need anything but shorts, t-shirt, and a skull cap.

So I rode my FZ6R over one night, and he gets curious, asks a ton of questions. 600CC seems small to him, and 1200CC seems big to me. Finally, he asks, and I toss him the keys (he does have a good amount of experience, I wasn't really worried about him dropping it, even though he'd never sat on a sport bike before).

He rides down the road on the 6R (in his skull cap, no less), about 20 minutes later he comes back, with a grin ear-to-ear, just looks at me and says "hoooleeyyyy shiiiiiiaaattt." He described it as having much more power than his, cornering better, shifting smoother, and having a higher top speed. He even took the 6R to a higher top speed than he'd ever been on the Harley. Needless to say, I think him and his wife argued about the possibility of buying another bike...

He offered to let me take his for a spin, but I really wasn't confident in moving up to such a large bike, especially for a guy my size. I was glad to know those extra 600 CC's apparently didn't mean as much as I thought they did :rolleyes:

yellowFZ6r

I'll tell you one thing, he might be experienced and your friend and all, but there is NO way im letting anyone else take the handle bars of my bike. That is a cool story and all, but I just dont trust other people on it.

Spunky99

Last edited:

behindXgrnXeyes

Semi-Unrelated side story:

I've never sat on a cruiser larger than 250cc. One of 3 people I know that own a bike recently bought a 1200cc Harley "bored out to 1700" (his words, not mine). Fairly young guy, but typical cruiser driver. It needed to be loud, heavy, and he didn't need anything but shorts, t-shirt, and a skull cap.

So I rode my FZ6R over one night, and he gets curious, asks a ton of questions. 600CC seems small to him, and 1200CC seems big to me. Finally, he asks, and I toss him the keys (he does have a good amount of experience, I wasn't really worried about him dropping it, even though he'd never sat on a sport bike before).

He rides down the road on the 6R (in his skull cap, no less), about 20 minutes later he comes back, with a grin ear-to-ear, just looks at me and says "hoooleeyyyy shiiiiiiaaattt." He described it as having much more power than his, cornering better, shifting smoother, and having a higher top speed. He even took the 6R to a higher top speed than he'd ever been on the Harley. Needless to say, I think him and his wife argued about the possibility of buying another bike...

He offered to let me take his for a spin, but I really wasn't confident in moving up to such a large bike, especially for a guy my size. I was glad to know those extra 600 CC's apparently didn't mean as much as I thought they did :rolleyes:

Heavy bikes need higher CC's but it doesnt mean more power once they get past all that weight they drag around. It's the biggest thing between cruiser and sport. I think when they say 600cc is great sport bike for beginners, I think with a cruiser it's like..800cc? Weight just slow and bogs them boys down;)

This is all exchange of info of course, things I've heard, no facts or anything

yfz6r

I've let my brother and my insurance agent ride my bike. My agent was standing there when my brother took it out and he said he'd backdate my brother into the policy if needed lol