WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! (Warning: GRAPHIC!)

JSP

Super Moderator
This is a guy on the R6 Forum. The one time he decided not to wear his jacket, he hits a guard rail at 30 mph. (another reason "just going around the block, or to the store, etc is no reason not to wear gear! You dont have to be going fast to do some serious damage or kill yourself.)

Wear Gear ***NSFW*** "Very Graphic" : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

I will not attach the pics here but let you click on the link. His stomach was ripped wide open.

Chucker

For some reason I felt the need to look at those pictures. Good lesson!!!

Spunky99

I don't know if I wanna see that!

porky45

never thought i was a queezy one, but jeez, that had my stomach churning all types of ways! Glad he's alive. Great reminder!

auniquesoul

Whoa! I almost want to wear 2 jackets after look at that...yikes.

MikeN02

Yep, blake was only wearing gloves and a helmet. No jacket.

He wrecked a couple months ago, being a newer rider he started out on the R6. He gave up riding after that but about 2 days ago he made a new thread about how he might not after all.

It's in your blood.

Fenixgoon

i always suit up. no ifs ands or buts. the worst thing i ever saw, even worse than what's in the OP, was of a guy who wore no gloves and went down. his hand was torn up sooooo badly i can't even describe it (can't remember where the pic is, either). it was by far the worst motorcycle-related injury i've seen yet.

MikeN02

i always suit up. no ifs ands or buts. the worst thing i ever saw, even worse than what's in the OP, was of a guy who wore no gloves and went down. his hand was torn up sooooo badly i can't even describe it (can't remember where the pic is, either). it was by far the worst motorcycle-related injury i've seen yet.
Yep, if anything I'll always wear helmet and gloves (riding to a friends).

First I love wearing gloves, and second I read a story somewhere where a guy was in an accident and the EMT said if he wasn't wearing gloves he would have lost his fingers.

See red

I have been riding for a while... I wear a jacket, helmet, gloves, and underwear..... oh yeh ... pants are over rated lmao!

Detrich

i couldn't look at the pix, cuz i already seen the real thing in person. <shivers>

ATGATT... even if it's just a 5 min ride to the boba tea shop!

Hoops 09Raven

Im in So Cal and do not look forward to the summers here being at over 100. i guess im not gonna worry about it too much anymore, leason learned for me.