weak throttle response

davet7469

i started having this issue with my throttle. Whenever i pull back the throttle it refuses to accelerate fast. The RPM's will rev up, but it will accelerate as if i gradually pull back the throttle. i posted a short clip on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y68rFec2Xno&feature=youtu.be
it's just showing me going through a turn and accelerating and i pulled it back pretty good and you can hear the rpms going up, but very little output. What i've done so far was trying adjust the throttle wire underneath the throttle (i forgot what its called) it was loose so i tightened it and adjusted it, so there was less free play. I checked the air filter (it is stock) and it looks pretty clean, the bike only has about 4,000 miles on it(2012 fz6r). There is r6 headers on it and an aftermarket exhaust, but no power commander yet. I've had it on for a bit now and i havent had an issue with it, so i dont think thats the issue. I just filled it up and put fuel injector cleaner in it, so ill update if the issue is fixed. Does anyone know what else i could do/check to fix the issue?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

tw586

may be wrong oil

if the clutch adjustment is ok what oil is in the engine
if you have used regular car oil it will cause the clutch to slip and flare

davet7469

i'll check the clutch cable, also another note, i noticed the hose that come down right next to the clutch cover were out of place, they were tucked away for some reason, so i pulled them back to where they belong and some gas spilled out, it wasnt much but it was enough to make a palm sized puddled, is that normal? currently im not due for another oil change just yet i bought it used at 1800 miles this summer and it already has had it first maintenance done, it was done by a yamaha dealership as well.

on a side note what do you guys think of this color combo, i thought i could blend the tank and the fairings pretty good with vinyl stickers but im not quite sure about it. maybe im just not used to it

Attachments

Brent27

That hose is an overflow for the gas tank. It was probably crimped in the position it was and had gas sitting in there. It's good that you fixed it and got it working properly.

Really like the colour scheme! Good job, man. What exhaust is that?

davet7469

That hose is an overflow for the gas tank. It was probably crimped in the position it was and had gas sitting in there. It's good that you fixed it and got it working properly.

Really like the colour scheme! Good job, man. What exhaust is that?
i put on a two brothers exhaust with a power tip cuz it was way too loud, but it sounds amazing and perfect with the power tip, i love it.

davet7469

i adjusted it, but not by much, i saw another thread that gave a good description of wha ti should adjust it to, but it was probly half a turn that i needed to get to it. However what do you guys think about this. i opened up the clutch cover and the plates look bad, it smelled burnt, i included pictures of it all and i did note the order so i know how to put it back, but anyway idk much about clutch plates, but it didnt look good, and there was some black gunk in there that i ended up wiping off. Perhaps i burnt out my clutch or something?

Attachments

Rumpig

I'm no clutch expert but I think your right. If it's been slipping for a while it would be shagged. The steel rings shouldn't be warped at all, lay them on something flat to check.

tw586

New clutch! and a full engine oil and filter change, as friction material has gone through the whole engine

davet7469

i showed the parts to the mechanic at where i bought the bike and he said it definitely need to be replaced especially if it smelled burnt inside (which it did), i went and ordered that and im also doing an oil change to get the debris that was in the clutch out of the system. Im due for an oil change soon anyway. I'll let ya guys know how that turns out.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

xorbe

:eek: How the heck did you burn out your clutch with only 4k miles on it??? wheelie attempts? badly adjusted clutch cable? etc...

I'm pushing around 70k on stock clutch, '09 year bike
From first post, sounds like he acquired a modified bike.

davet7469

well long story short, i know im an idiot, but and idiot that did not want to get hit by cars coming over the hill that might not see me, front brake was locked up (mechanic said it was cheap levers or something), but i couldnt pick it up so i was like how bout put it in first and see if i can move a little. i was able to get out of the road, but i think it burned up the clutch. Anyway yeah so i ordered a new clutch but i managed to mess up the clutch alignment. soooo new thread. anyone know how to do this?

well long story short, i know im an idiot, but and idiot that did not want to get hit by cars coming over the hill that might not see me, front brake was locked up (mechanic said it was cheap levers or something), but i couldnt pick it up so i was like how bout put it in first and see if i can move a little. i was able to get out of the road, but i think it burned up the clutch. Anyway yeah so i ordered a new clutch but i managed to mess up the clutch alignment. soooo new thread. anyone know how to do this?
X4 - its toast!

Posted there.... Did you soak the fiber discs in oil before the install? Overnight is best!

Question; are the 6R fiber discs backed on steel or aluminum? Are they magnetic? Tks!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

davet7469

Got the clutch plates in and aligned everything, but im kinda back where i started, i tried tightening the cable more, and there is a little more response. I can only tighten it so much before it doesnt want to disengage and shift gears. i did an oil and filter change to clear out the old oil, anyone got any ideas of what i could try next?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member