Waiting to buy a leftover FZ6R? Read this!!

husker525

Scuttlebutt from the inside world of Yamaha. They are discussing ending any and all rebates on leftover 09 and 10 model units, including the FZ6R by the end of June. That means they will go back to the MSRP for that model year. With all the rebates they have given back to either the buyers, or the dealer's, they feel they have moved the required amount of units off the show room floors. May 31st is the cut off date. The decision will come by the 2nd week in June, effective July 1st.

If you are waiting for prices to drop, DON'T!! They will only go up. With no rebates, the dealers may only give you a couple of hundred dollars off the MSRP just to cover their floor plan.

Just FYI....

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

husker525

Wasn't June 30th the end of the "Get Out and Ride" rebates to begin with?
Yes. But they were contemplating starting a similar program if they did not move enough units. It looks like whatever secret number they were trying to get to, was achieved.

I was just trying to get the message out, specifically to procrastinators, to spend their money now, or spend more of it later.

It is also related to the earthquake and tsunami. They don't want to run out of models or sell them at the discount right now.

Detrich

after the Japan quake ALL INCENTIVES essentially ended already... =( it's not "official," but go to any dealership and you'll see their sales attitudes are way different...

Last edited:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Roaddawg

Plus, since the "Rapture" didn't occur as planned, there's more time to sell bikes! At least until October 21st! :D

Detrich

in southern california, all the dealerships have been playing hardball due to lack of inventory until 2012. the FZ6R is a slow-selling bike though. so, maybe they don't mind moving a few. i dunno. but, on all popular bikes all incentives are essentially gone- be it yamaha, honda, or what not.

CrazyCawi

Plus, since the "Rapture" didn't occur as planned, there's more time to sell bikes! At least until October 21st! :D
So what your saying is that my birthday on the Oct 23rd is null and void....Well Imma squid out now beings theres no use.....:squid:

:eek::justkidding:

I guess I should have bought the new 09 r6 two months ago for $5500, FML....But the wifey said wait...

amg14

good thing my b-day hits on the 14th so im golden. :cool:

i ran into another 09' fz6r at a movie theater last friday and i started talking to him and i came to find out he got his bike a few days prior for a little over 7k. the look of surprise on my face prompted him to ask me and i told him i bought my 09' about a month and a half ago for 5.7k out the door.