VA Inspection...interesting notes

lwclancers

So, took my bike for inspection this morning, and, ran in to this stuff:

1. One shop told me my bike would fail due to my light smoke windscreen
2. They also said my led blinkers wouldnt pass cause they didnt have a DOT stamp, and werent far enough apart (they are)
3. They were backed up so took it to another place, they said my windscreen was fine because the code clearly states no tinted windshields, not windscreens. And even then, its light smoke and not blacked out.
4. They didnt mention my blinkers at all
5. My new AHR HID light --- they said they could have failed me on that! :eek: They said VA (state troopers specifically) are looking for them. I suppose as a way to get you for something when doing something else. Said they arent illegal, but, need to be "properly" marked. Didnt ask what that meant, but, he said mine seemed fine and it wasnt a big deal.
6. I passed.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Valley Cycle Center...never going back. Took it to Honda dealer on route 7.

My understanding on hid... if you don't have it in the right projector its bad.... but since Chad's setup is a full projector and not just a jerryrigged hid bulb in a standard housing... you should be fine

Remind me not to get my bike inspected where you did... lol
Even though im full stock, some day I will be getting to those mods

badgerflips

Good to know, I bought my wife's FZ6R from Valley Cycle last year and have since installed LED flushmount signals, so I guess I'll be going elsewhere from now on....

lwclancers

Yea, last year I took it there and they tried to tell me the same thing about smoked screens (still had stock) yet they had 6 bikes on their showroom floor with them.

The guy also looked at my STOCK turn signals quizzing me about them, he wouldn't believe me they were stock. Took forever but finally passed.

Never felt comfortable there, and will never go back for service or my next bike.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2