Unable to fit 2 wrenches on chain tension nuts?

jeange

I replaced the tires on my bike and put everything’s back together and ajusted the drive chain slack but what’s strange is you are suppose to hold the adjusting nut with a wrench and tighten the jam nut against it with another wrench or with a socket and torque wrench but I can’t fit the wrench on the adjusting nut because it sits too far in the recess hole on the swing arm and the wrench dont fit, the washer is there but its like its not thick enough to make the adjusting nut stick out of the little recess area on the end of the swingarm. Did anyone else ever have this issue?

Attachments

Jerzee55

You need a slimmer wrench for the adjuster nut... or try holding it still with needle nose pliers while you tighten the lock nut (First choice is better, but second will work if you need to just get going)...

jeange

ok so its normal that I am having that issue? I could fix it easily by using a thicker washer instead of the factory one this would push the nuts out and allow me to fit a regular thickness wrench on there but I am surprise the factory engineered it this way, I thought I did something wrong.

Jerzee55

That is how mine looks.. Adding another or a thicker washer will hurt nothing, but will require loosening up everything and readjusting the chain, but if if makes future adjustments easier, it is a workable solution as well. :)