UFC Fight's tonight...

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Cerebus

Will download tomorrow and watch.

I hate to agree with you on Silva, but I think he'll come into this fight with his head on straight.

Rousey over Tate, I just hope it's not another boring arm bar. :D

roundhouse

silva looked like he was in great shape, kept his hands up and then broke his leg. that was gnarly.

rousey is like a pitbull. keeps fighting until the fight is done.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

danieljardim

I got all twisted on the couch watching the fight saturday. I'm a big silva fan and his pride was hurt after his loss to weidman the first time. He came back strong and focused like the old days. Is such a shame that the fight ended like that. I could only imagine how strong was that kick to break his leg like that.

I hope he recovers well. I will hate to see him retiring with such painfull loss. I would like him to come back at least for one more fight and show to every one that he still the greatest fighter of all time.

I got all twisted on the couch watching the fight saturday. I'm a big silva fan and his pride was hurt after his loss to weidman the first time. He came back strong and focused like the old days. Is such a shame that the fight ended like that. I could only imagine how strong was that kick to break his leg like that.

I hope he recovers well. I will hate to see him retiring with such painfull loss. I would like him to come back at least for one more fight and show to every one that he still the greatest fighter of all time.
I couldn't stop laughing to be honest. I would've been a fan if he had taken his job seriously. I was in a bar when he got dropped in the first fight. Everyone was quiet except me, laughing my butt off again... Now he can look back and see where his actions took him. If he had won the fight the first time, this never would've came to be...

roundhouse

i don't see how weidman threw his hands up in "victory". this was less about his prowess as a fighter and more about the skinny *** legs of silva.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

danieljardim

think it was just the fact that he won, twice, and wasn't celebrating the leg break, but that win... it wasn't like Silva broke his leg by falling... it was leg v. leg... and Silva lost... sucks and hope he comes back to fight, but it was still a win for Weidman
Agree, If he knew that the leg was broken that way and still celebrated it would be a total douche bag move, but he already said that he didn't notice. In the other hand the guy drops in the floor screaming out of nowhere, being a fighter you kind have to know that somehow he got hurt. But a win is a win and he is the Champion now, and to be honest I don't think the division has anybody to stand against him (unless belfort fights him with the top of his game).

Like I stated before, I'm a total fan of Silva, and like a lot of fans I got pissed off with the first loss to weidman. He needs to come back. He can retire like that. It would suck.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

BigRobb

I think it's a great reminder that anything can happen to anybody in the sport. I trained with Silva a few years back, he's a good guy. It sucks he might have to retire from this.

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

roundhouse

I practice leg checking during my training fairly often. It's a normal defensive move in the mma.

yes but it is a defensive move like covering your head. it is the same as parrying a punch and have it break a dudes arm or a guy throws a kick and tears some tendons and can't continue. Weidman did not beat silva, silva's body failed.

1st fight he knocked out a guy asking to be hit with his hands at his waist and the second fight the guy broke his leg. win yes. did he beat silva? no.

a stronger case can be made for the first fight because silva went KO. but there will be an asterisk by that as well.

oh well let's see how weidman does against Vitor Belfort

crobih

Wtf? I am sick and tired of people not acknowledging the fact that silva got knocked down in the 1st round. Chris was controlling the fight and was effective on inflicting damage. His stand up was superior to silvas. Plain and simple. Silva was loosing bad up to that leg check, a guy known for his kicks gets leg broken, because Chris was leg checking him, which a lot of other opponents didn't do.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member