Turn Signal lights question

I was planning on tinting my turn signal lights with the VHT Nightshades (used it on my car) to get a more "stealth" look but still being able to be seen.

Don't want to install flush mounts do to poor visibility, and want to keep a semi-oem look and don't want to install led flashers on the front end.

Anyway...do the orange turn signal lenses in the front and rear pop off or do if I have to mask around them and spray?

They look like they come off but don't really wanna break em

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
good fine there leem00...expensive mistake if the tabs break though. Might just keep them on and mask everything.

Unless somebody knows a trick for getting them off....has anybody done it before?

travisH3

if you want my factory front turn signals to test you can have them for $10 shipped

that or do what I and many other did. install flush mounts then hidden leds in the air dam. Im not a fan of the VHT night shade stuff. it just blocks too much light for a real smoked look. if you do a few light coats it isnt bad.
here is my how to i made

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/flush-mount-diy-turn-signals-air-scoop-27087/

if you want my factory front turn signals to test you can have them for $10 shipped

that or do what I and many other did. install flush mounts then hidden leds in the air dam. Im not a fan of the VHT night shade stuff. it just blocks too much light for a real smoked look. if you do a few light coats it isnt bad.
here is my how to i made

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/flush-mount-diy-turn-signals-air-scoop-27087/
Thanks man...may take u up on that deal for an extra set just in case. The VHT works great if like you said...couple light coats.

I really don't want to put lights in the air dam I just want to keep a cleaner oem-ish appearance.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

NUISANCE

Before I did my flush mounts (which are now on the bike with a light coat of VHT) I did the stock lenses with VHT and then wet sanded/polished them. They came out tits, would have kept them on if they didn't stick out so damn far. I also used red VHT on my integrated clear tail then wet sanded/polished. I think it is one of the things I like most that I did to the bike and it looks pretty much stock now that it's done.

Last edited: