Traded up or down to your FZ6r/XJ6

kmcg

Hi guys , trawling through the ""put a face to your name " section I was surprised to see so many young faces !! I would assume that your present choice of ride therefor is on the upward curve of the bike ownership /life graph ! However I m sure there must be a few on the site who like me are on the downward slope of same graph !!! I ve owned mad two strokes , Kawasaki 500 triple, through to my former CBR1000 rr6 ,which I changed this year for the XJ6.Reason ? the Blade only makes sense over 100 mph and we seem to have so many speed detection cameras as I found out to my cost one quiet Sunday morning !! So I decided time for a bike for real world (mostly legal but not always) and some thing that would nt use two tanks on a Sunday blast .( we pay a lot here for petrol) I ll tinker with it , nice free flowing airfilter and full exhaust , pc5 on so far ,may fiddle with suspension over winter ( hyperpro ) but I have to say I love it so far . Don t miss the Blade power because I hardly ever got to use it where as I can really enjoy caning the XJ and stay the right side of a one year ban . So guys , who nelse is moving down the curve ?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

DragonBlu

At 60 I wouldn't say I am on the downward slope,but maybe at a plateau. I did come to the FZ6R from an 1100cc 120hp bike. Only because I wanted a newer bike and this one really appealed to me. I do miss the hp, but I am probably better off without as far as staying out of trouble.(with my wife)

roundhouse

i traded my 08 R6 for the FZ6R. I enjoy riding the 6R all the time but only enjoyed the R6 when I was riding hard for short periods of time because it just wasnt comfortable to commute.

so i guess i traded a higher tech faster bike for one i like more. up? down? all depends on how you look at it.

BD1966

I am 46, came from 1960 something dirt bike 60 cc, 1986 Radian (naked sport bike), 1996 Kawi Vulcan, now 2012 FZ6R, I am loving it, more comfortable than the Vulcan, I am ready for some roadtrips. I don't buy that you have to ride a cruiser when you are over 30 or 40 years old.

BKP

Mid 50's, and come from a dirt bike world. Hadn't ridden for years (had to do the family thing, the kids thing, the career thing).

I'm a little bit, not over-the-top, but somewhat, of an adrenalin junkie... Sky-diving (gave that up a bit ago -actually got bored of it), reef and wreck diving (heavy into that for years, and still love it), and decided to get back into riding... So, picked up what I thought would be a street version of my old 250 Enduro... a Honda CBR. Totally different thing. Got bored pretty quickly with the 250 (although, it's really an awesome bike - insanely flickable), so here I am with the 6R.

Love it. Will probably move to something else in a couple of years, if only because I've always enjoyed new technology, but it would have to have the same diversity for both the twisties, and short run touring, the same linear power delivery, the same indestructibility, and of course, the same grin inspiring appearance every time I step into the garage...

xJoshuaDrakex

I'm 21. I started with a 1985 250 rebel when I was 18. Then sold it for 1983 Honda Ascot Vt500Ft. Then sold that and got my beloved 2009 FZ6R.

travisH3

20 years old, bought a ninja 250r when I was 16 to get my temps and took the msf course to get my license. Ended up buying a 2007 ninja zx6r( I have been riding dirt bikes and quads so I was familiar with riding just not on the street) had that for about two months and had to sell it because insurance was through the roof. I loved the bike although the power was not needed and I wanted a comfortable riding position. Bought the fz6r but for some reason I feel like the sportier position was more comfortable though. the fz6r has plenty of power to get me in trouble, there is no need for something more powerful on the street

Bert-Aus

Am 35yrs old, had my license about 10yrs with the XJ6S being the largest size I have owned thus far.
Previous bikes were '81 CBR250RS & '94 XJR400 both fun & test ridden FZ1N, SV1000S but in knowing myself -I cant trust myself to own a bigger bike.
I lost my license twice during my early 20's due to tooo many speeding fines & this bike does everything I need it to.

During times when I get really comfortable in cornering hard & fast I stop riding for a week or two, watch as many youtube vid's of squids wrecking themselves for some clarity.
Then when I jump on my Rocket Ride again I am more grounded in the reality that I only ride her on the road

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

travisH3

Travis have you dropped the forks 1 inch through the stancions ? or am i mis interpreting that ? Seems a lot , how does it affect turn in ,must be flighty in a straight line ? I take it this is a legacy from your dirt riding days.
Yea like he said, it did make hitting the corners more aggressive. I lowered the front and have the rear shock adjusted so both are lowered and definitely looks a lot better too.

BKP

How does that affect clearance in the corners?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

24KMACH

"Great Caesar's Ghost", I'm 68 :eek: My first Yamaha was a new 1960 YD2. That said and to many bikes to count later it was all up. The FZ6R will [I think] be my last bike and might I add the best all around machine on two wheels made by anyone so far for the money. :cool:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

godwearsblack

im 22 and got my first bike, a 2012 raven FZ6R, I love it, I use her every single day, with the exception if ts pouring rain.. haha

travisH3

How does that affect clearance in the corners?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I haven't had any issues and it doesn't bottom out on the speed bumps at school. Keep in mind I only dropped the front about an inch, some have dropped it closer to 2"

TBCx FaTaL

Traded up

Started out on a 05 Ninja 250, but then traded up to a 2012 Fz6r. Have had it for about 4 months and I love it. Already put different mirrors, and windscreen. and installed an FE kit

2coldtocare

Neither UP OR DOWN

I have owned several bikes over the last 10 years, and currently own the 09 FZ6R in the *faster* yellow cad. Also have an 07 FJR1300. It is an awesome bike, but is a handful around town, regardless of your experience level.

The FZ6R is extremely fun to ride, the engine is sweet, the ergos are good, and the styling is second to none, especially for the $$$.

So for me, it was neither up or down. The 6R is a unique ride and stands on its own.