Trade for ninja 1000

danieljardim

But N1K has full fairings. :thumbup:
IF R1 would come in the street clothes: handle bars, similar to FZ6/FZ6R ergos, underseat exhaust - that would be my dream bike.
i think you can get fairings for the FZ1... If that is true, that would be my next bike. Loving yamaha.

JSP

Super Moderator
But N1K has full fairings. :thumbup:
IF R1 would come in the street clothes: handle bars, similar to FZ6/FZ6R ergos, underseat exhaust - that would be my dream bike.
You can get full fairing kit for FZ1. Its pretty much upright R1 like you wanted... :thumbup:

JSP

Super Moderator
Last edited:

Roaddawg

i think you can get fairings for the FZ1... If that is true, that would be my next bike. Loving yamaha.
Here's an '09 with the full fairing

And Alex...if it doesn't seem rational, just buy some stuff for the 6R and re-ignite the love. That's what I've had to do a couple times when I start looking at new bikes.

Attachments

Jay S.

I stoped at my local bike shop to look around and saw that they have a new 2011 ninja 1000 for 8499. List is 10999. If I trade in the FZ6r and sell my 2007 250 ninja I will only be out 3000 bucks. I love the FZ6r just not sure if I want to get a loan out. I know a few members have got the ninja 1000 let me know what you think of them.
Bro, I would love to have an FJR and I can totally afford it. However, my 6R is paid for and does everything I need. I completely know how you feel. Stop going to the dealer!!!

There is something amazing about NOT having a payment.

:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

MrGti

Yes my FR6r is paid for and the 250 ninja is paid for. I have the money in savings to pay for the ninja 1000. I would get a loan just to still have money in savings. I could pay the loan back in about a year or so. I just have been getting cheap with my money now that I have everything paid off.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Fizzer6R

You know if the FZ6R had 100hp and 60-70 ftlbs torque, I wouldn't ever be looking for a new bike..
the brakes and suspension are sub-par, with more HP/TQ it would seem even more so. it will be interesting if/what they do for the next generation

linkgt

Get the ninja 1000!!! It's a liter bike and its comfortable, just like our bikes... I saw it at the motorcycle show here in NYC and it looks amazaing. That's actually going to be the next bike I buy someday.

MustGoFaster

Honestly... anyone who looks for a liter bike for the street is asking for tickets....

we just had another rider get a 92 in a 55, on an on-ramp... you just don't realize how fast you get up to speed...

I'll admit, that ninja 1000 is a beautiful bike... but unless you plan on bringing it to the track... save yourself the temptation and just ride!

just my .02
Haha, I already do that on *our* bikes. :eek:

Seriously though, I might want a liter in 4-5 years, maybe. Still paying off the 6R. Problem is, I'm impulsive. And self-control? Eh, not so much. Maybe if I've got it by then, but I doubt I will.

My next probable bike? Cruiser/touring, so I can pack up a crap-ton and take the wife with me on vacays. I'll keep the Fazer for zooming purposes, though. :D