Trade for ninja 1000

MrGti

I stoped at my local bike shop to look around and saw that they have a new 2011 ninja 1000 for 8499. List is 10999. If I trade in the FZ6r and sell my 2007 250 ninja I will only be out 3000 bucks. I love the FZ6r just not sure if I want to get a loan out. I know a few members have got the ninja 1000 let me know what you think of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

JSP

Super Moderator

Alex6

I know it is not very rational... The FZ6R is all I need right now and delivers as expected. But since I saw the Ninja 1000 at the shop's floor I can't get it out of my head. I don't know what is stopping me from pulling the trade trigger: my wife, my inner rational voice, financial matters? Somebody please help me!:surrender:

Deputyfarva252

I mean its really not that hard to figure it out , can you afford a payment? if you have something that comes up with your car , your house , your kids , will you have enough to make the payments and take care of the emergencys that life likes to throw in your face?.........if your little voice is saying dont do it listen to that voice , it will save you alot of headaches in life , maybe that voice is telling you , you dont need a 1000.......me personally I know I dont need a 1000 as soon as I can afford it Ill get a old kawasaki 636

RoadTrip

Depends on the insurance, FZ6R is so cheap to insure, I wonder how much the Ninja 1K is? I hear it's an exhilarating bike, primarily due to the excellent power delivery, but I believe some of the magazine reviews touched on some handling bugaboos, maybe research the reviews and insurance and go from there.

Fizzer6R

if you can afford it, do it. warning: you'll never be the same after your first liter bike :rockon:

danieljardim

I stoped at my local bike shop to look around and saw that they have a new 2011 ninja 1000 for 8499. List is 10999. If I trade in the FZ6r and sell my 2007 250 ninja I will only be out 3000 bucks. I love the FZ6r just not sure if I want to get a loan out. I know a few members have got the ninja 1000 let me know what you think of them.
ask "whatever" he knows everything about trade in bikes.

(this joke is getting old)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

danieljardim

Honestly... anyone who looks for a liter bike for the street is asking for tickets....

we just had another rider get a 92 in a 55, on an on-ramp... you just don't realize how fast you get up to speed...

I'll admit, that ninja 1000 is a beautiful bike... but unless you plan on bringing it to the track... save yourself the temptation and just ride!

just my .02
Noob question. If you just like to cruise around isn't the liter bike better because you go faster with lower rpms? less throttle?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Alex6

Thanks guys for all your comments.
As I mentioned before, in my case at least, trading for Ninja 1K would not be a very rational decision. And as older I get the more rational I become :-(.

BoneJj

I'll add... there are other reasons for a liter or higher bike... but in this case it sounded like it was not needed, just wanted (and that's what can get you 0 to ticket fast).

Possible other reasons:
-Two-up riding, lets face it, our 6R isn't to happy doing it
-Long Touring... loading that thing down with gear for several days trips, plus the need to run more electronics (heated gear, cell chargers, gps, etc.)
-Track, but even then, most the track-heads I ride with prefer the 600-750 because they are more nimble.
In addition to this:

it has a bigger seat for bigger butts
Also looking at it near a FZ6R it is a bigger bike overall.

It fits bigger people more...

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

BoneJj

that sounds like a sick deal man!!!
i would go for it
its always good to build credit and i bet that bike will never let you down on the power side haha!!!
IT is a pretty quick bike, I've test ridden them and they really do have some nuts to them...

But as already stated, unless you have tons of self control, don't get a liter bike, you'll end up with tickets..............................

danieljardim

In addition to this:

it has a bigger seat for bigger butts
Also looking at it near a FZ6R it is a bigger bike overall.

It fits bigger people more...
That's why I'm always looking for bigger bikes.

the 6r fits all my needs but I do look like a circus bear on a little bicycle.

I would like to get a bigger bike eventually. Or loose a lot of weight (something I've being working on).