Tire Markers?

redprodigy35

Anyone have any experience with these?

I have a Moose Racing Tire marker coming in from Moto Superstore.

I'm a fan of having the "Dunlop" raised lettering colored in yellow... I have read on other forums that it will fade, but others have chimed in to say 2-3 coats with the oil based marker will look good.

I tried finding the "official" Dunlop stickers/decals, however I read that these only come on "the works" tires for pro racers.

I think it'll look pretty pimp, if only for a few pics.

Tacky? Fresh? What do ya think?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

redprodigy35

Yellow, Jonkerr.
I was contemplating for quite some time between the White and Yellow.

On other forums, some have said it would be best to do White and then Yellow for a nice color/finish.

I will def. be posting pics once I get it done.
What's cool- is that it's not a permanent mod... Unless I do like 4-5 coats at which point I could imagine it would get caked on and messy if I tried to remove it. Although a coat of black sharpie then would void it.

Ledgini

I did this on one of my old bikes and it looked pretty good until you looked closely. When you did look close it wasn't that neat (I mean from like 1 metre away) It did give the bike an overall cooler feel though. The one downside is that actually writing on the letters is one hell of a pain in the ass, so be prepared to give up a whole afternoon!! A few coats should look good though.

Here are some pictures of my old Yamaha Virago 535 (my 1st bike) I did it to :)

Attachments

CDN6R

Yeah,, I remember that Dunlop ued to make the 'Qualifier" motorcycle tire that had raised white lettering. It looked good on a curiser or muscle bike.

redprodigy35

That ride looks real nice Ledgini!
Crispy on those tires, that's the effect I'm looking for...

Thanks for the advice and encouragement! :steve:
I don't think they look sloppy @ all!

Ledgini

That ride looks real nice Ledgini!
Crispy on those tires, that's the effect I'm looking for...

Thanks for the advice and encouragement! :steve:
I don't think they look sloppy @ all!
Yeh they don't but like I said once you looked closely they were not brilliant. Its the same with all tyre markers really.

Do this as a stopgap and when you next change your tyres just buy ones with white raised writing. Thats what I plan to do. Michelin Sport Pilot and some Metzler tyres are available with white writing already on them.

Good luck with your painting in the meantime :)