Throttle Control, Thoughts?

latony007

kuraykan

Wow that one looks like a lot of work and was $180. But it functions like a real cruise adjusting your speed automatically? I just have the rubber kuryakan throttle boss on my fz6r. On my cruiser i have their grips with the built in throttle boss and those are aweome i love them. I was considering a pair for the fz6r but they dont look quite as sporty. However my hand is getting numb after 30 minutes or so still so i may wind up with them in the end.

BoneJj

Wow that one looks like a lot of work and was $180. But it functions like a real cruise adjusting your speed automatically? I just have the rubber kuryakan throttle boss on my fz6r. On my cruiser i have their grips with the built in throttle boss and those are aweome i love them. I was considering a pair for the fz6r but they dont look quite as sporty. However my hand is getting numb after 30 minutes or so still so i may wind up with them in the end.
get some gloves that have a nice palm pad, I don't like riding unless I have my gloves on because they have a nice pad in the palm that just makes riding nicer.

UselessPickles

Wow that one looks like a lot of work and was $180. But it functions like a real cruise adjusting your speed automatically?
It used to be much cheaper when it was the "Audiovox CCS-100", because it was a universal fit car cruise control that was available almost anywhere (walmart, auto parts stores, etc). I think I got mine for about $30 on sale. Something happened, I thin involving the factory burning down, and the manufacturer stopped making them.

There was so much demand for them for sport-touring motorcycles that this "Murphs Kits" guy worked something out to get them manufactured again for him. Smaller production runs and high demand = high price :(. Back when they were unavailable, I had come across one for about $100 and sold in on ebay for over $300.

Yes, it's a real cruise control. It accelerates up hills, decelerates down hills, allows you to adjust the cruising speed by pressing buttons, etc. It allows you to manually accelerate (with the throttle) to a higher speed, then will resume the lower cruising speed when you let go of the throttle, and it instantly disengages when either the brakes or clutch are used.

It is a lot of work to install, especially if you want a clean install. Wiring, modifying the throttle pulley so you can attach the cruise control's throttle cable, and finding a creative and hidden spot for the large cruise control unit itself.

Here's some details of my installation, along with links to additional info. Note that I clean up the wiring and add an extra vacuum reserve canister later in the thread.

Yet Another Audiovox Cruise Install - Technical Discussions - FJRForum

Last edited: