Thinking bout it...

Kappa189

2009_YZF-R6_VOM2_1.jpg

Let's see... I have owned the FZ6R for about 4 weeks, but I think this R6 looks sweet.

Of course, progressive quoted me $130 a month (just for insurance). I have no idea if thats good or not.

Somebody talk me outta it...

oh thats pretty sweet looking!!!

I need talking out of too hahaha but seriously unless youre driving your fz6r full throttle constantly and you still cant seem to crash or lose your licence - you dont need an R6. Besides your going to be more comfortable on the fz and your insurance/fuel costs are better...

I bet that R6 sounds awesome at 14000rpm...wait thats not going to help this arguement:justkidding:

Well -

A few reasons...

1) I recently hit highway speeds, at 80 the fz seems like it doesn't have much more to give... In regards to passing power, I feel its fairly slow. Or that im really ragging it out.

2) It doesn't feel stable in the corners. I can achieve better stability if I lean forward when entering a turn. weird...

3) As we all know, the thing is way too quiet. I just can't justify dropping $1300 for exhaust.

Ehhh.. probably just a pipe dream. Has anyone adjusted the handlebars for a more forward position? The manual says the dealer should do it.

have you even had your first service yet? what bikes have you had previous.

if you're goin 80 in 4th or 5th you'll still have plenty of power. It noticeably picks up after 8k on the tach.

I know in reality the FZ6R is more aligned to my riding style.. more than 30 mins, below 60 mph etc.

I don't like to speed, I like to accelerate. I'll go fast as I can from 0-60 or 80, then back it down. Weird, huh?

I'm sure I'll keep it for a while.

Has anyone done the first 600 mi service themselves? Dealer quoted me $130-$150 for the first service... thought I'd like to save some cash and do it myself.

Has anyone done the first 600 mi service themselves? Dealer quoted me $130-$150 for the first service... thought I'd like to save some cash and do it myself.

super easy, don't waste money having a dealer change your oil. The rest is just physical inspection of everything, and that stuff is listed in your manual.

Just hang on to all receipts.

I did my first service myself the other day just do yourself a favor and get the KN oil filter it will save you time on future oil changes. I owned a 2005 R6 and I do have to say that I have a lot more fun on my FZ6R then I ever had on my R6. Yes it may be a little slower but unless you want to get a lot of tickets, have high insurance and spend a lot more on maintenance then the R6 is for you.

Wow dude.. 4 weeks.. I hope you took it easy during the break in period.

I tried... I really did. I'm at 450 miles, had to open it up once or twice, just to see..

I heard it from my buddy, "Hope you don't plan on having it long, etc" I have hit 8K more than a few times, hit 10K once.

I think I'll be fine. I'll let you know in a year or two. :)

Regarding #1, this bike likes being at higher revs. It can go all day at 10G and thats more than 80 mph in 5th!; #2 the suspension can be greatly improved by simply changing out the springs for your weight and ability. The reviews on this bike are unanimous in the bikes stability in corners, not quickness or tip in which you can improve by lowering your front forks; #3 you can improve the sound with noticeable HP gain by modifying your stock exhaust and retune for lower $. Do a search on these concerns because they've all been addressed here.

With that being said, if you're looking for a reason to change, get the bike that you want, for whatever reason! The difficult part is to know what you want and why, and if it's a fit for your needs and personal situation. (I like the Aprilia RSV4 which is way over my head and .......etc.):D)

Good choice with that. Just like the CBR600RR and F4I.. the R6S is yesteryears R6. It is an awesome bike if you want something still affordable and more sporty. I'd look into it sooner than later. They wont be made but for so long then discontinued like the F4i and ZZR600/200-2002 ZX6R.

2009 is the last year they made 'em.

2009_YZF-R6_VOM2_1.jpg

Let's see... I have owned the FZ6R for about 4 weeks, but I think this R6 looks sweet.

Of course, progressive quoted me $130 a month (just for insurance). I have no idea if thats good or not.

Somebody talk me outta it...

Alright...I'll try to talk you out of it! Is 4 weeks really long enough to be convinced the FZ6R isn't for you? Is 0-60 in 3.8 seconds not fast enough for you? If your already at 80 MPH and about 7k RPM, drop it into 5th and gas it. There's plenty of ponies there. Actually, at 7k, your not even using them near their peak yet. The power band of the FZ6R is like having the low RPM torque of a cruiser AND the upper RPM torque of a full on sport bike, its an all around useful bike. Do yourself a favor, give the FZ some time before you make up your mind. There, that's my .02 to talk you out of it....did it work? ;)

Well I know it's not smart but I've had mine to 110mph so far.
I was on the interstate speed limit 70mph, I needed to pass and I just barely
cranked on the throttle and I looked down their I was 110, backed out of in Ga
if you are caught speeding over 85 it a high dollar ticket.plus I have a class A CDL which will add about another couple hundred on. Also I have statefarm INS.and I pay $25 a month for mine full coverage also they quoted me $35 full
coverage for a Busa.

Back