Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

ninja 1000? If you aren't looking for a pure sportbike. Me personally, I want a BMW F800st. Similar to our fz6r, but a little more power, lots more torque, belt drive and more options. Unfortuneately, they are expensive.

BMW S1000RR just won Motorcyclist's giant superbike comparison, with the ZX-10R a close second. Both bikes were commended on good ergos and comfort as well as being kickass on a track, so both are worth checking out.

So, today I went to dealership to take a look at some new gear and also notice their little section with only liter bikes. That were: Kawi, Suzuki and Yamaha. They used to have BMW, but I guess they are sold out. On the other floor was also Aprilla, though I don't like them at all (some experience with Italian assembly quality). What I notice:

Yamaha R1: just no! I really wanted to upgrade to R1 when time comes, but I just hate these little cheap things Yamaha uses to keep price low. same on 6R, but at least it's budget bike. Also I don't quite fit right on a bike, arm are just in the air, tank is too slim.

Kawi ZX-1R: I love the look, reviews are also positive, but seriously, that paint and plastic quality is just unbearable. It fits me perfectly, but that appearance details for 15k bike are not acceptable.

Suzuki GSX-1000R (? not quite sure I wrote the model right): All good, I love these blinkers, nobody can beat Suzuki in their placement. Exhaust pipe isn't quite right, but it's managable. I almaost made my mind, but then I looked at the specs, all that power, no ABS, no Traction Control. Maybe, experienced rider doesn't need them. But I do.

Honda (tried that one before): simply small, as all hondas. Ducati is small as well.

So, is BMW only one option? Really can't think of any other liter bike. If it is, i'd rather keep 6R city commuting for a while and buy a good cruiser for longer rides.

BMW S1000RR just won Motorcyclist's giant superbike comparison, with the ZX-10R a close second. Both bikes were commended on good ergos and comfort as well as being kickass on a track, so both are worth checking out.

I agree... the s1000rr is SO sick!! However, I think there is still a hold on them and no dealer is allowed to sell them. You should still go check it out if it is of interest to you. It would be my second choice over the 848 Ducati. Mmmmm Du-ca-ti!

I agree... the s1000rr is SO sick!! However, I think there is still a hold on them and no dealer is allowed to sell them. You should still go check it out if it is of interest to you. It would be my second choice over the 848 Ducati. Mmmmm Du-ca-ti!

DU :drool: CA :drool: TI :drool:

If I were to trade today, would prolly do the GSXR-1000 due to it's review as having excellent fueling (important in a liter for twisties). However FZwhite's new bike is pretty tempting as well, a more comfortable bike still has it's appeal.

I had the liter bug a few months ago (have had my GSXR600 for about a year and nearing 10K), but got the 600 tuned up recently at the 7500mark with new air filter, plugs, and throttle body sync, and noticed a bit of lost power and refinement had returned. A well tuned 600SS really is pretty dang fast, I am sticking with her for awhile, just gotta keep em well serviced.

I am also starting to mix up my runs with my traditional fast sweeper 'B' back roads, and alternating with really tight 'C' roads that are a bit slower but sketchier and require more finesse and control. Finding and creating interesting runs really makes a difference in enjoyment, it's not just about the bike.

848's are beautiful, but they seem to have a lot more problems than Japanese bikes... My friend bought one that was "mint" and barely had 3k miles on it. He's only had it for like 8 months and already the radiator started leaking and he had to wait a month for the part to come from Italy to get it replaced at the dealer. Then shortly after he had some weirdo issue with the forks starting to leak fluid... My friend said he looked on the Ducati forums and apparently these are very common problems and a lotta the 848's all share them... :(

The 2012 R1 looks great but it is a beast. It's seriously overweight 475 lbs and underpowered to the point where the TCS is useless on the street. Dunno what Yamaha was thinking, but hopefully they'll put it on a diet for 2013.

To me, weight matters a lot. You really feel the weight on a 475 lb bike and can't shift the weight like u can on a 417 lb bike...

The S1000RR sits right in the middle at around 445 lbs. but it's also got more power & torque across the power band. Would imagine that it's the best of both worlds.

Okay. Didnt check it for a while and honestly thought I don't post this thread. Why merging? I'm not going to buy anything else for a year or so, just said what I was thinking about today's liter bike options.

Will answer you posts all in one, if I'll miss someone please remind

1. I need sales person to just give me the keys and take my cash. I make my choice myself, always.

2. F800ST is a very nice bike and I like the most belt drive. Though, I was leaning towards f800R. Thought, I think it's not worth changing street 600 to 800.

3.dont know about issues with Ducati, it's just too small for me. Though monster fits well. But then only 796 has nice pipes, see point 2

4. Fz1 is amazing bike, but it's still standard. I want to upgrade to SS

5. Kawi is great. But this plastic? There is something tinkling on my 6r @~3000 rpm in gauge cluster. IT IS TOO ANNOYING!!!! Having whole bike that's squiking, crunhing and tinkling..............

6. Yes, s1000rr is definitely the best machine on the market, but the price is way above others and furthermore I don't like not having a choice and spending sleepless nights trying to decide which one's the best for me. I need at least two options.

Last edited:
Just got a call back from the Kawi dealer. Says he can get me a '12 Ninja 1000 (green) with payments under 200/month. Said he'd throw in color matched Givi hard cases. BUT, the kicker is that they are only willing to give me 3500 trading in my 6R. I think it should be a little higher considering the low miles (2300). Still thinking about it though.

Would look something like this pic:

Attachments

• 2011 Ninja 1000 green.jpg
    2011 Ninja 1000 green.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Congrats on new bike, mate. I hope you'll stay on this forum for a while.

Just got a call back from the Kawi dealer. Says he can get me a '12 Ninja 1000 (green) with payments under 200/month. Said he'd throw in color matched Givi hard cases. BUT, the kicker is that they are only willing to give me 3500 trading in my 6R. I think it should be a little higher considering the low miles (2300). Still thinking about it though.
You can always sell your bike yourself. But really, as my father in law says "it's not about how much is your debt, it's all about how much you pay" if you fell comfortable with $200, why not?

Would look something like this pic:

Thats one of the reasons I decided not jump on the ducati. They only wanna give me 4200 on a 4 months old with 900 miles on it. No patience to sell private right now, so decided to wait a little more.

Back