Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

TokenSSDD

I think i have to many tools lol if there is such a thing :D
Confessions of a Tool Whore huh? LOL. I don't think there's such a thing as too many tools.

iSpoolin

T-Handle Hex Keys

Raqchet set, both a 1/2" drive and a 3/8" drive. Smaller socket wrench will come in handy alot with a bike.

TORQUE WRENCH. Overtorquing bolts is VERY common with DIY mechanics and it's not a good thing LOL I have this one and LOVE it Brown Line Metalworks, LLC | Professional Grade Digital Torque Wrench

Ratchqueting open end wrenches, you can buy them at sears, and I LOVE them. Makes tight fit nuts so easy to get off.

Screwdrivers, lots of them, big, small, flathead, phillips head, etc etc.

TORX BITS, a great tool to have around, there isn't many torx bolts on bikes but it's worth the 10$ for a cheap set just incase.

I could go on and on in this thread, however i'm tired of typing LOL

KeysRider3

As the man said, "There's no such thing as enough tools." I think the only garage tool I've added is a compressor. As for what I have under the seat, I've added needle nose pliers, and a pair of side cutters. The bolt head on the clutch lever assembly is 8mm, and there wasn't anything in the bike's tool kit that fit, so I picked up a set of small box/open end wrenches that fit in the pouch. I usually have a small amount of electrical tape, 14 gauge wire (for holding things together, not making electrical repairs), and a tire pressure gauge.

Bloke

There is such a thing as too many rubbish tools though.

Think of your time and storage space as a premium, spend your money on filling it with decent quality tools and you'll not spend nearly as much time cursing away because you've just stripped another bolt head.

I have hardly any tools myself, mostly borrow them from a friend or family. Works out way cheaper that way ;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

F

FZ6R_Blue

I had to buy about $6k worth of tools for school so i think i'm all set

Spunky99

In my divorce, my ex took all my tools and gave them to her Brother and friends. They were all the top brands and really nice.

I'm a tool whore.....but if I had to get by on a frugal budget here is what I did.

Cheap BigLots tools
3/8 metric sockets 8mm to 19mm for $3.00
3/8 ratchet with swivel head $5.00
Allen wrenches $4.00
screw drivers $4.00

That got me through hard times until I could invest in more tools. I still have these and use them every day. You don't have to have Craftsman or Snap-On or OTC. I buy just about any brand that are cheap. If I lose them, who cares, if they break I can replace them cheap. Harbor Freight Tools are fine and cheap. Look in Big Lots for deals like a bench grinder for 15 bucks. For me if it lasts a couple years then I'm happy. Garage sales are great to pick up 1/2" drive stuff built to last a lifetime or 2.
Unless I was a professional Mechanic, I just buy cheapies now.
I just ordered a 46mm socket in 3/4 drive with a 3/4 to 1/2 adapter to remove the nut on my rear axle on the single sided swing arm because I got tired of using a bench vise...LOL

Last edited:

FitZ6R

Something I would never have thought of when I was 10 years younger: An adjustable, rolling garage stool. Makes a lot of jobs much more comfortable than bending, crouching, etc.

Magnetic parts trays are great, too.

JSP

Super Moderator
Something I would never have thought of when I was 10 years younger: An adjustable, rolling garage stool. Makes a lot of jobs much more comfortable than bending, crouching, etc.

Magnetic parts trays are great, too.

Yes! I use a little rolling adjustable stool and it makes life so much easier on the back! Must have for sure.

Spunky99

Yes! I use a little rolling adjustable stool and it makes life so much easier on the back! Must have for sure.
+1 on that:D

littlepinecone

Something I would never have thought of when I was 10 years younger: An adjustable, rolling garage stool.
Oh my goodness! can't believe i never thought of that! Every time I see Jeff out there soldering, or doing who knows what else on the bikes, he's out there sitting on an overturned bucket...looks uncomfortable.

I think someone is going to be getting a present....shhhhhh.....

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
And for those of you speculating...no. Nothing about the male of the species is attractive. I can't even understand how women like us.

It is a strange world my friend! ;)

Milling, welding, soldering, auto mechanics (from engine pulling to ball joint replacement...(no transmission stuff, I'm not a savant)), electrical conduit, pipe threading, CCTV, fire systems, plumbing, access control (card readers...etc.), masonary...etc.

But I think this is where your answer is.... THEY dont want to have to do these things :D Has to be... I got nothin else.

Spunky99

Maybe you should lower your standards in the "Looks" category and go for what really counts in a "life partner". It would be nice to find a hottie that loves you to death but unless you have a "large personality" or a "fat wallet" the odds of that happening AND she has a great personality are slim to none.
A few extra pounds and less beautiful opens up a much larger group of possible Women who will love you for who you are. If you are religious, a nice girl of the same denomination makes it easier too.
The worst case is you have to get a liter bike to carry her voluptuousness around on the back of the bike....LOL:)

Being in the business I'm in and being my father's child...I have to be in the running for tool whore of the century.

I have everything neccessary for...

Milling, welding, soldering, auto mechanics (from engine pulling to ball joint replacement...(no transmission stuff, I'm not a savant)), electrical conduit, pipe threading, CCTV, fire systems, plumbing, access control (card readers...etc.), masonary...etc.

I can install, fix, alter, and enhance many things...but I cannot for the life of me, for what ever reason, maintain a long term relationship with a woman.

I think I am broken.

And for those of you speculating...no. Nothing about the male of the species is attractive. I can't even understand how women like us.

Wow, this turned into an introspective rather than a tool review.

My apologies.

:hijack: , not.

roadrat

Not really a tool but I don't know how I lived without a compressor. Not only can I fill my tires (have yet to have a complete flat in my garage but I know that day is coming, lol!), I also use it to clean the dust out of the nooks and crannys on my bike and lately I've been using it to squirt chain cleaner out of my chain.

Getlow4OG

Well like a few other people on here my dad has been a huge part of my extensive tool sets. Welding is no problem Arc, Mig, Tig... Being that we own a machine shop is a awesome perk also. Got 2 lathes, 2 mills (1 is a CNC), and a CNC plasma cutter. Built a lot of stuff from scratch for my truck...gonna be doing the same for my bike here shortly.

darksidefz6r

I would agree on never having enough tools. Although I will strongly disagree on going with cheap tools when it come to anything you will use on a fastener(ex. Wrenches, sockets, ratchets, ect.). You will be amazed at how often you will not round the head of a bolt/nut with a quality set of tools compared to cheapy tools. Save yourself the time and the skin on your knuckles and spend a little extra in these areas.