The definitive Frame Slider shopping guide

FJRGuy

I have a brand spankin' new '11 FZ6R sitting in my Dealer's showroom and wanna pick up some frame sliders before we roll it out the door. I've searched the forum (albeit briefly) for info and found some good posts but not as much as I'd hoped.

Below is a list of Frame Sliders I've found and will update as I find more.

SW_MOTECH Frame Slider Kit DRILL $169.99

T-Rex Yamaha FZ6R Frame Sliders NO CUT $69.95

Intuitive NO CUT Frame Sliders NO CUT $119.95

Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders NO CUT $71.19

Puig Pro Frame Sliders NO CUT $167.99

OES Frame Sliders for '09-'12 'FZ6R NO CUT $59.99

Please share your experience, recommendations, links, comments and photos.

Last edited:

deputydog

When I bought my bike it already had Shogun's on it in white. I really hate the way they look. On my Katana I put T-Rex slider's. I loved those. They're really well made and they have multiple mounting points for added strength. And they're priced as low or lower than some of the less desirable ones.

Gixerhp

I just finished my girlfriends bike with the T-Rex sliders as well as Rizoma engine case sliders as well.

The T-Rex no cut sliders bolt right up to existing bolt holes and look great!
Im very please with the fit, and finish!
Here is a link to my post, and the pics are on Page 3, of the thread! http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/rizoma-goodies-24293/index3.html

Chucker

what's better. shogun or t-rex?
I vote T-Rex if you're going for no-cuts. They mount directly to avoid leverage on the bracket during a fall/slide.

nsrider

If you haven't picked up a set yet Jeff, I recommend the OES sliders. I have them on my FJR as well and their customer service is great.

Kdubb223

I had OES no cuts when I crashed and they saved the important parts of my bike and overall minimal scratching. Great product.

0150r

I dropped my bike at 10mph today with the shoguns on. Bent the shift lever, broke off the turn signal, and a few minor cosmetic scratches (kick stand, bar end, front fork, and crank case) that thankfully are minor enough to not think about replacing them.

The shoguns completely saved the plastics and a what would have been a lot more cosmetic damage.

FJRGuy

Looking like I'm getting the T-Rex if they can get them out the door fast enough. Otherwise, I'll likely see if Penco in Kalispell has anything in stock when I'm down the next weekend.

Xanroth

Just put my T-REX on today.. easy as pie to install. Although I seriously dislike that they say Texas on them :(

Flipflash

Elite Member

MustGoFaster

Just put my T-REX on today.. easy as pie to install. Although I seriously dislike that they say Texas on them :(
Indeed. I'm also looking at some sliders and I dun care much for that either, but if they work well.....

D

Deleted member 9794

I've got OES sliders, I've never had a crash but the wind has knocked it over twice (1 left, 1 right) - a few scratches on the sliders, bar ends, and black backing of the signal lights but absolutely no scratches on the paint (on the fall to the left the handlebars twisted enough to contact and dent the tank but if i ever sell it I'll just get the paintless dent removal done).

I recommend them.

BKP

I've got OES sliders, I've never had a crash but the wind has knocked it over twice (1 left, 1 right) - a few scratches on the sliders, bar ends, and black backing of the signal lights but absolutely no scratches on the paint (on the fall to the left the handlebars twisted enough to contact and dent the tank but if i ever sell it I'll just get the paintless dent removal done).

I recommend them.
Wow... they don't call it the windy city for nothing, I guess...
I like that you can re-order just one side or the other on the OES sliders, however, I'd be concerned about them snapping, in a low side slide, with just a single attachment point. Was wondering if anyone has seen this happen?

I've used T-Rex in the past, and they always use multiple attachment points... Haven't had to 'deploy' them (knock wood), but... just sayin'...

Z3roFlaw

Just ordered myself a pair of the T-Rex frame sliders. Hopefully they go on nice an easy and I never have to find out if their protection is up to snuff.

chubs25

Just got the Yamaha frame sliders and i was about to install them, when i read the instructions and saw i have to drill a hole through my fairings. Gonna return them on Tues (that's when the dealership opens) and get some other ones that i wont have to drill hole for. Very disappointed, should have done my research first.

Saxon237

from what I have heard, the drill ones are better overall...no cuts can bend, and might end up damaging what you're trying to really protect (engine) after all.

txjames

Elite Member
Last edited: