TBR popping and shut off?

jponza

soooo I'm getting a pop when I let off the gas...and if I rev on neutral it sometimes shuts off, also today I went to turn her on and it wouldn't start for a couple tries..any advice? JBpro is installed and on setting 2 BTW.

Michael Wilson

Air filter, tune, and block off plates will most likely solve your problem.

6R Blackout

My bike is not so quick to rumble everytime I start her up and give her a few revs. She does the same thing and she will die. Just let it warm up thats all I do and once she is good and warmed up you shouldn't have the problem of her dying after a rev or two. Also yes do put some block off plates that helps out. I will say this you will still get some pops just not as frequent and as loud.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

6R Blackout

hummm mine starts up fine every time no throttle required =P how many miles you got?
I got 6,200 miles. It will start with no throttle what I mean is that when I start the bike and it is cold once it is running if I rev it up right away sometimes the RPM's go lower than 800 and it dies. once it is warm it doesn't do that, thats what I was saying

Yes I do have block off plates.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

6R Blackout

The bike run quite fat at idle. With the Auto Tune plug in I can see when the bike is warming up fuel ratio of low 12' to 1. Try to put -4 in the zero column in the fuel trim from 1000 to 1500 rpm. It work good for me and the engine doesn't overload on fuel as much. Before I had the MAP sensor I had the water temp wire kook up to the PCV. I was able to trim the warm up mode with the PCV. Some area were trim up to -8%.

-4% at idle is still 13.5:1 fuel ratio. I'm at -5 with the cams and I had to trim down the whole column from 5 to 12% because of the difference in overlap/cam duration. It was way too rich and was popping am lot too.

Without the A/T is hard to figure out. trim until it start running like crap at idle (190-200F) then go back about 2 or 3. That should give you around -4% trim.
So Marthy what does that mean for me, I don't have A/T. I have a regular JB on my bike and its not programmable.?:don'tknow:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

6R Blackout

:jerk: Nothing you can do as far as I know. That's what paying the little extra for the TBPro or PCV give you... flexibility and adjustment.:D (joke)
I can always upgrade and put a PCV on mine can't I?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

danieljardim

Yes you can and should IMO. The TB is fine if you want to have your bike safe to ride, the other 2 give you more option. I personally prefer the PCV option but the TBPro seam to do a fine job, just a different way.
I'm running mine on tbpro with marthys map on it. Sounds like is running rough but RPM doesn't fluctuate. It does smell gas though. Is that normal? It only stalled once right after I installed tb exhaust and juice box and rev it up.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jponza

thanks everyone im going to try the block off plates, as well as install marthys maps and see how that goes