TBR Juice Box Pro Details

mische42

Alright, my JB pro came today....

Pretty simple...

It holds 10 maps in its internal memory. Can store as many as you want on your computer. Has a simple selector knob to select which of the 10 maps you are using, and as long as you put it where you can acess it, you can change them on the fly. It came with 3 maps, a zero map that adds no changes to stock FI, a map with slight adjustments for a completely stock bike, and a map for stock air fliter and TBR full exhaust. You can custimize these maps all you want or create your own from scratch. You can adjust the fuel input from -100% to +250% from stock. Also, as I have said before, completely compatible with PC maps.

In addition to the 10 maps, you can "trim" your maps +/- 10% on the fly w/o a computer. There a three additional knobs for this. Each one corresponds to 1/3 of your throttle range. So for the FZ6R with an RPM range of ~12,000, the first knob corresponds to throttle range from 0-4000, the 2nd from 4-8, and the 3rd from 8-12. Marthy, unless this is the fuel accelerator feature you were asking about, it doesnt have one. Also JB Pro does NOT have an auto tune feature that I am aware of.

If you have the JB hooked up to the computer while the bike is running (on a dyno for example) the Top Tune Software gives a read out on your computer of throttle position, RPM, pulse width, and duty cycle, as well as how much "trim" you have input to a given map.

Some of this is repeat, but this is pretty much the whole picture of the JB Pro for those interested. If I left something out or you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask. For now, I am about to down load some of Marthy's maps and get this thing on my bike where it belongs!!!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

mische42

Ok, here is another tid bit I learned....To answer your question Marthy, no the JB Pro cannot map per gear, BUT...what it will do if you try and use a PCV adv gear map is automatically take all 6 of those maps and average them into one map. Certainly not a perfect answer, but perhaps you can give me some input on whether or not averaging one of the advanced gear maps would be better or worse than just using one of the others. Or maybe I just need to try it! Cant wait....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

mische42

Yeah thats my plan...I am going to have the TBR stock map loaded, then load the sport rev A and B, then touring A and B, the average the advanced gear maps a and b, and see what works best...I will be sure and change the 0 column to 0.

mische42

AHHH, I see what you mean now about the adv gear....dont really need to mess with those maps cause its just a combo of the two like you said, but since I can change on the fly, I dont really need to use the adv gear map....just switch to the mode I want. The adv gear map was so you could get a happy medium of sport and touring without being able to change maps on the fly. Do have that right now?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

mische42

Nice...lol.

mische42

There's 2 map only in there. Sport for gear 1,2,3 & 4
Touring for 5,6

If your going to use only one at the time, download them separately. Touring got the same top end (over 20% throttle, over 4500 rpm) it just give you a better fuel economy in the cruising range. But since you don't have A/P you might like the Sport map better. I guess is RevA would be better for you (Just change the values in column 0% for 0)

Try them both...

Can you change map on the fly also? Maybe you can have 2 map and just change from one to another...
Well, the JB Pro is on and it is Awesome! I took pictures and will post the how to here soon.

Marthy, you were right on....

The TBR map gives a noticeable difference.....

I found REVB performs quite similar to the TBR map...

REVA....OH YEAH!!!....that was definitley the sweet spot with the TBR exhaust just as you suggested it may be! I mean the front wheel was LIGHT esp. through frist and second, but ANY gear in the power band, the thing just launches now! If I was the wheeling type, there is abosultely NO doubt that it would be quite easy now. Totally different bike...not to mention the tone is just music to my ears with that TBR exhaust!!! I too had to quit after about 20 minutes of playing so I didnt get myself in trouble. I am going to have to be EXTRA careful with the wife on the back now, as it already wheelied SOOO easy with her on the back, back when it was stock (ask me how I know..:eek::p)

Next test will be to check out fuel economy with touring maps as compared to the TBR map. Thanks for all the work on this Marthy!!

mische42

TBR Pro Install

Ok, you can certainly install this with the direction given by 2Bros, but they suggest putting behind the fairing....makes zero sense: 1) you can monitor it to see its working, 2) its a change on the fly, kinda hard to change on the fly if you have to remove a fairing!!!

1. Take of the 2 seats, main seat base, and battery cover.

2. Use an allen wrench to remove the 2 bolts just in front of the gas tank

3. Rotate the gas tank back and prop it up. The emptier your tank the easier this will be, but mine was almost full and it wasnt that heavy. Also, the plastic on either side of the forward portion of the tank will contact and kind of "pop" around the fat part of the tank, but I move the tank up and down several times and didnt even come close to causing damage. If you are worried about it though, you can remove those too.

4. On the left side of the bike you will fine two plugs, one white and one greenish. These are the throttle body plugs and match the two plugs on the JB Pro.

5. Unplug them. Both have a tab you need to pull to release the plug, so be careful not to break them and as with any plug, DONT pull on the wires!

6. Plug the JB plugs into the throttle body plugs and plug the OEM plugs into the JB. Pretty self critiquing. match the colors and the male/female ends. It will only work on way.

7. Now run the ground wire back to the battery. I went under the frame piece right where the fuel tank pivots (see pics).

8. Connect the ground wire to the NEG (black) battery terminal. If you hold your finger on the brass "step" of the OEM connector while you do this, it wont break connection and you wont have to reset your clock (see pics).

9. Run the main wire down the left side of the airbox then lower the tank back down.

10. You now have two mounting options on your left fairing just forward of the gas tank. Either right on the top of the black peice or on the inside of the same peice. See pictures. if you go on top, realize that your JB is more exposed to damage, but slightly easier to see and acess. I went with the inside mounting position. it attaches with velcro so its very east to pop off if you need to change a setting/map or hook up your laptop, and it is more protected there. Double check that it does not interfere with your handle bars when they are turned full left. The clearance is close, but I quadruple checked and the bars make no contact with the JB.

11. Once you decide where to put it, use the provided alcohol pad to clean the mounting location on the bike as well as the back of the JB.

12. Put the velcro on the back of the JB. I reccomend parallel to the barcode serial number and part number so you can still read them (see pic).

13. Now attach pull the backing of the the other velcro while it is still attached to the JB and press into place. keep some pressure on it and let it "set up" for a minute or two before you try to pull apart the velcro for the first time so you dont pull away the adhesive.

14. Double check you handle bar clearance and you are good to go! Easy access for the on the fly changes/laptop hookup, but with relative protection, and you can see the light to always have that warm fuzzy that its working!!

If anything is unclear, please let me know, or shoot me a question. I hope I didnt leave anything out, but I am far from perfect!! Hope this helps!

Attachments

mische42

Pics Cont...

Here is the rest of the pics that go with the JB Pro Install instructions.

Attachments

rjsantana20

Very nice write up.

I installed the TBR JB Pro during a cold, cold winter day in January. I got it for Christmas and was excited to install, so no pics. :(

Question:Since I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff, how do you adjust it? I turned on the bike and had my Netbook connected to the JB but dont know what I'm looking at. Do I have to go to a pro shop to configure the JuiceBox or is this something I can do?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

mische42

Very nice write up.

I installed the TBR JB Pro during a cold, cold winter day in January. I got it for Christmas and was excited to install, so no pics. :(

Question:Since I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff, how do you adjust it? I turned on the bike and had my Netbook connected to the JB but dont know what I'm looking at. Do I have to go to a pro shop to configure the JuiceBox or is this something I can do?
Thank you. As far as how to adjust it. I know what the maps mean, but in all honesty, I am just leaning on the guys that have done the work (2 bros and Marthy) and the maps that they have already made. As far as I know, with out an O2 sensor and a dyno, there is not a whole lot you can do. (There is auto tune, but that is a PCV feature that the JB Pro doesnt have.) The JB Pro advantage is that you can take 10 maps, load them up, and go out and compare them in minutes, back to back to back. That is instant feed back, but unless you are smart enough to go out and know by feel where to add and remove fuel, which I will readily admit I am not :surrender: all you can do is try a bunch of the maps available and see what rides best for you.

The maps themselves are quite simple. I am pretty sure there is another post on this somewhere, but all the map does is tell the computer how to add/subtract fuel. Each cell corresponds to a throttle setting (across the top) and RPM (down the left side). the number in the cell is the % increase or decrease (+/- number) in fuel flow when compared to stock. So a number 10 in a cell would add 10% fuel on top of what would normally be flowing at that specific throttle setting/RPM while a -5 would reduce the fuel by 5%. i am not ready to start playing with numbers yet. perhaps some day I will take my bike to a dyno and get a custom map made for my bike. Until then, I am happy with how it performs with what is avaiable.

I am sure you were hoping for a better answer, but for now that is all I know. There may be some "auto tuning" you can do with pulse width and duty cycle read outs on JB Pro, but I havent gotten smart on that yet. As I learn more I will be sure to share, and if you learn somthing, I would be very interested in hearing about it!! Safe riding!!!!

Jordan6140

I ordered a juice box pro, a k&n filter with block off plates. Do I need to hook the juice box to my computer to tune it or what's the best way to set it up?

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Jordan6140

So do I download the map from Martha's website then download it to the juice box? Do I need to adjust my throttle or anything else that I should do?

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Last edited:

Neo

Thanks so much guys for the walk through. I just got a juice Box Pro and i have removed the Acc Pump line in the map and it works great but what happens if you leave the values in there? what does the Acc Pump do? i also was able to find some of your maps Marty thank you very much for putting them out there. I was able to get Sports, Touring and Avd Gear Rev A and B can you please tell me what the Difference is between sports and touring is it set to get power in different areas? i also saw on a post someone had Touring RevD ? is there more Rev than just A and B. Any advice would be great Cheers

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member