TBR Exhaust

edwinlin88

Anyone having issues with the ECU Electronic warning light coming on?

As per this thread I have now discovered my light is the ECU Electrical warning light. $80 from the Yamaha dealer (as I fiddled with it, warranty did not apply) tells me the error code is an O2 sensor error. Obviously this isn't connected and just tucked away. The error took something like a month to come on after I disconnected the O2 sensor too.

Am I the only one to have this happen? Haven't read about it yet?

edit: Have Juice Box too
dcBear, what happened in the end? (to your O2 sensor)

I just finished installing my TBR exhaust + JuiceBoxPro and just have the sensor tucked away with a cable tie.

Looking/sounding great so far but don't wish for my ECU warning light to come on a month later!

dcBear78

Still the same. I read/heard that if you remove the sensor all together it might fix this problem. I will try this in the next day or so and get back to you.

But I still appear to be the only person who had this issue.

edwinlin88

Hey Drew,
Did you leave the sensor connected & then tuck it away ?
I left the sensor connected and just tucked it away with a cable tie. I've had no problems yet, but then again I've only ridden once since I installed my pipes and Juicebox.

Hopefully I dont get the engine warning light...

I contacted Yamaha and this was their response:
"In disconnecting the O2 sensor may induce a fault code 24 and illuminate the engine warning light. 02 sensor disconnected will prevent the system from going into a closed loop which can affect exhaust emissions.
You may not notice any adverse performance as the system may use a default value and closed loop system usually occurs during light load constant throttle. "

Doesn't give a definite answer, and I suppose they can't as they don't design the bike for the 02 sensor to be disconnected etc..

Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

edwinlin88

Uno979, thanks for the tip. Will send an email to Two Brothers.
But I'm pretty sure there's no hole for the 02 sensor on the TBR exhaust. I looked everywhere for it before I installed.
But I'll send an email off and see what they say.:eek:

furiousgeorge

ey edwinlin, any word about the o2 sensor? Im dropping my bike off tomorrow for the new exhaust, but i have a feeling ill recieve a call telling me there is a problem lol. It'd be nice if they didnt call and tell me there was nowhere to plug in the o2 sensor

edwinlin88

nah, Two Brothers didnt give me a proper response. There is nowhere to plug it so I just tied it to the side with a cable tie.

I've done around 700kms on it like that, no ECU warning light popping up.

It seems to use a lot of petrol though, I'm monitoring it but it seems to do 200km a tank... not sure if thats normal

furiousgeorge

Well the exhaust went on, sounds awesome! The just unplugged the o2 sensor (they said they called two bros and this was there advice) However they did warn me the engine light might come on. I noticed thought tha throttle response isnt as good as it was, so i ordered a juice box, hopefully once that is on i wont have any other probs.

furiousgeorge

One more quick quesiton too, i cant find anything about how o actually use a juice box. Do you just put it in a mode and ride round adding fuel until it feels right?

edwinlin88

One more quick quesiton too, i cant find anything about how o actually use a juice box. Do you just put it in a mode and ride round adding fuel until it feels right?
Yeh, the Juicebox for the FZ6R comes with a custom map specifically for our bike but if you know what you're doing, you can hook it up to your PC and tweak the setting.

I just have the pre-installed FZ6R map and the Marthy's map found on this forum installed but I don't really notice any difference in performance as I'm a novice rider.

dcBear78

The JB Pro is the only one you can install your own maps on isn't it? I just have the standard one, but don't notice much difference (although might if I went back).