TBR Exhaust

jdog6570

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Two Bros exhaust system my bike, still awaiting delivery, the question I have....the standard exhaust has a sensor just before the baffle muffler, what happens to this sensor on TBR exhaust ? Do I have to weld a fitting to the new exhaust so the sensor can be hooked or does this not matter.....thanks in advance

Cheers
Jdog

bear 86

Thats the oxygen sensor I believe.. Two Brothers also sell a device called Juice Box. It plugs into the stock ecu with which you can control the air fuel mixture (that is the job that the stock oxy sensor does). As far as I know, installing a Juice Box is the easiest solution and the stock oxy sensor pretty much becomes redundant..

Hope this helps

Spunky99

What are you guys talking about?

The FX6R does NOT have an oxygen sensor. Just bolt on the exhaust.
The JB or PCV will correct the FA mix.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
XJ6 has an O2 Sensor...

Spunky99

:confused: XJ6??? does it have the O2 sensor?
I know they have a governor but his profile indicated a FZ6R. I did miss the OZ reference. Thanks dart1963.
If they have an oxygen sensor then OZ is even worse than CA....

Drewsfz6r

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Two Bros exhaust system my bike, still awaiting delivery, the question I have....the standard exhaust has a sensor just before the baffle muffler, what happens to this sensor on TBR exhaust ? Do I have to weld a fitting to the new exhaust so the sensor can be hooked or does this not matter.....thanks in advance

Cheers
Jdog
G'day I also have a two bros exhaust that I put on about 4 months ago and I also got the juice box with it... And I was very unsure about the same thing but the juice box over writes it and so I was told by my local yamaha dealer just to fold it up and put it under the fuel tank out of the way... And I have had no problems with mine that way... But don't get caught with out it on because the police frown apon the 02 sensor not being connected to your exhaust...

jdog6570

Thanks, yeh I am awaiting for my Juice Box to arrive as well;)

jdog6570

Hey Drew,
Did you leave the sensor connected & then tuck it away ?

Drewsfz6r

Yeah it's all stil connected just tucked up under the fuel tank away from anything hot... I left it connected so when I sell I can put the stock exhaust back on if need be or if or when I get defected for the bike being
To loud I can change it over to get it cleared lol... You will also find it will pop alot with the new exhaust but that can be easy fixed by blocking off a bit on the air box...

jdog6570

Thanks for that, how much of the air box did you block off, have read some guys putting smog block off plates & some modifying air intake box....bit confused what to do hear, my dealer are hopeless up here !!! they just dont give a sh__ !! There is only 2 yamaha dealers to service the goldcoast & both are only money hungry !!:mad:

Drewsfz6r

Yeah it's hard to find a good dealer.... Out of 7 bikes shops where I live I only trust one of them the others are all about the $$$$....

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/removing-pops-after-installing-new-exhaust-system-17803/

I just read and followed that post ^^^ and done what they wrote and it works good... But you might like the popping sound when you power off it starts popping and back firing... You will see what I mean when you fit it.. I personal think it sounds shit that's why I done that mod...
Do you have the bike derestriced??

6R Blackout

Hi all,

Cheers
Jdog
I have an 09' FZ6R and just put a TBR exhaust on my bike, I unbolted the factory exhaust and bolted up my new TBR exhaust and that was it. I did purchase a JB for it also, I installed it and I Have no problems, I think someone posted on here that the FZ6R does not have one, I never saw one on mine when I took it off. I will recommend that you do get a JB or PCV of somesort once you put your exhaust on your bike. Reason being it will run a bit different because you will have more air flow. The JB or PCV will help tto clean it all up per say, and keep it running top noch, not to mention little more horsepower. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

jdog6570

Guys (those from the USA),

for some reason FZ6R in australia have an CO2 sensor mounted just before the baffle muffler, this obvousily something that is required in australia - OnYa Peter Garrett !!!!

Thanks everyone for their comments & advice....appreciate it :thumbup:

bear 86

Can someone tell me how an EFI engine runs without an oxy sensor?

To my understanding it optimizes the engine to run as efficient as possible at different air temperatures and elevation where the air density is different. Hence why dirt bikers rejet their carbies for riding in winter vs summer or for high country riding...

So without an oxy sensor, bikes in the USA would run like dogs in high altitude riding say like in the mountains vs riding closer to sea level..

Sorry for the long post bit just wanna know what's plugged into your exhausts over there??

jdog6570

Drew, yes the bike is derstricted, all I did was buy the exact throttle stopper plate and cut it it back to a full throttle position, took me all of 20min to do & only cost me 30 buks for the plate, so for derstricting that you can buy on the net for $149, should only cost you $30 & cut it back, the trick is to cut it wide open throttle not any more, otherwise if you over throttle it will start restricting in a negative throttle position.:)

If anyone is interest, I will starting a new thread regarding clip ons for FZ6R, I own a drafting company where do alot R&D on mechanical equipment, the designing software we use are solidworks & inventor, this allows us to design & model in a virtual 3D, pretty much the same program yamaha use in there R&D, we work close with engineering machining shops where we have access CNC equipment...so I'm currently working on a design of clip on's, I will post updates on this with some pics on progress

Cheers

jdog6570

Going good !! It's no ducati but sounds close to it....havent ridden it much though, still waiting for my juice box to arrive, bit worried about ridding it without it just in case it leans itself out & fuks up
Cheers

dcBear78

Anyone having issues with the ECU Electronic warning light coming on?

As per this thread I have now discovered my light is the ECU Electrical warning light. $80 from the Yamaha dealer (as I fiddled with it, warranty did not apply) tells me the error code is an O2 sensor error. Obviously this isn't connected and just tucked away. The error took something like a month to come on after I disconnected the O2 sensor too.

Am I the only one to have this happen? Haven't read about it yet?

edit: Have Juice Box too

Last edited: