TBR Exhaust and Juicebox Upgrades

Funkmaxtor

I did two pulls on the dyno today to get my baseline numbers before replacing the exhaust and adding the Juicebox. Attached is a picture of my dyno graph.
I will be doing the mods this weekend (hopefully). In two weeks or so I will post up the second graph.

Attachments

cavcuz05

kinda curious on this aswell...i put down 82.2 with my PCV and r6s set up...after Dyno Tune

Funkmaxtor

kinda curious on this aswell...i put down 82.2 with my PCV and r6s set up...after Dyno Tune
Did you dyno before you upgraded? If so what did you put down.

porky45

Ya, that's what we'd really need...every dyno's different.

cavcuz05

BEFORE: with crumy gas and no humidity 66 ish...i was lookin for my dyno sheet tonight...to scan it in but i must have lost it in my move...like to at least have proof to show you actual numbers...any way i took my bike to a shop that has been tuning yamaha race bikes for 15 years + and he got the most out of this bike no doubt...82 was the highest run...i averaged about 78 though seeing as the tune was done on the break of winter to spring

i gained about 10 wheel hp with the lighter exhaust and tune

Funkmaxtor

Wow. Gaining 10hp at the wheel is awesome. My exhaust will be today but the juicebox will be a few more days. So we will see how the juicebox and PCV compare.

cavcuz05

i take it the Juice box is the samething as a Power Commander...if so then i would def look for a map for that exhaust...or get a custom one done...you want to make sure you get all the ponies you can from that part...i used the m4 tune for awhile just to compensate for the richness now after the tune i run like butter...and it sounds awesome...now im working on getting a newer style R6 exhaust to work and look good on the bike

Funkmaxtor

It is like the pcv with the autotune module.

cavcuz05

i see good luck with ur install :iconbeer:

Funkmaxtor

Exhaust install went well. Sounds great but it is pretty loud. The hardest part of the entire install was getting all four header gaskets in place while inserting the header pipes. Since the pipes are all welded now it makes it a little more difficult. If I would have had a second person helping it would have been easier. It took me 1:45 to install. All in all I'm very happy with the exhaust. I will update again when I get the Juicebox.

pyrocpu

Agree w/ Funk. Having a second person helped my TBR install this weekend, a lot.

Incidentally, having everything welded together as one assembly (save for the canister, of course) made the install a bit simpler, AFTER the header was mounted.

The exhaust itself is a bit loud for my taste, even w/ earplugs; I'll likely end up getting the P1X suppressor.

Question though--what's the tip that's already in the exhaust?? Looking at the TBR website, there's nothing on the endcap:
Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

While mine, it came with a tip... looks like the P1 tip...

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Agree w/ Funk. Having a second person helped my TBR install this weekend, a lot.

Incidentally, having everything welded together as one assembly (save for the canister, of course) made the install a bit simpler, AFTER the header was mounted.

The exhaust itself is a bit loud for my taste, even w/ earplugs; I'll likely end up getting the P1X suppressor.

Question though--what's the tip that's already in the exhaust?? Looking at the TBR website, there's nothing on the endcap:
Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

While mine, it came with a tip... looks like the P1 tip...
Yep, it looks like you got the P1 tip along with the system. Good deal. Mine came without. You will get used to the sound and loudness of the TBR. Also, as the packing gets broke down (initially), the sound will mellow out a bit.

On a side note. I just installed the TBR JuiceBox. The install was such a piece of cake, and the directions included were super easy to follow that I didn't do a how-to (read: re-invent the wheel). However, if anyone would like to know how I routed the cables from the trunk to the plugs, just let me know.

Now, as for my impressions...:wav::cheer::steve::rockon:

Just using the factory settings that came pre-programmed, the bike idles smoother, the throttle response is better and smoother, the sound is also better. I didn't have the bones for the JB when I bought the exhaust, so I rocked the TBR exhaust for about 4000 miles before getting the JB. I kinda wish I would have just spent the extra money and got both at the same time. Everything is better after having the proper fuel amounts supplied to the engine after adding the exhaust. What's nice is that I can modify the settings slightly if I ever add a performance air filter.

I give it 2 :thumbup:

pyrocpu

Hmm. A freebie from TBR. :) Maybe I'll end up selling it, if anyone's interested.
Thanks for the input; I'll see if the sound will mellow a bit. I just don't want the drone!

I wonder about the Juicebox vs. the new Juicebox Pro. I wonder if it's worth the $30-40 for the "upgradability" in the future?

PCV sucks! I want my damn map!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
PCV sucks! I want my damn map!
That is what is so perplexing to me. TBR makes both products, and I believe the PCV was available before the JB. Yet, the JB has been set up with programs before maps are ready for the PCV. :confused:

joloy133

In defense of the PC-V, it was out first, and the amount of adjustability was by far the greatest. All the speed guys who customize big $ bikes for speedweek at Bonneville use more power commanders than all else combined. Most dynos have the software that corresponds to the PC also. You can verify by calling any dyno shop and ask them what they are accustomed to using. Some might tell you why they prefer one over the other.

JonKerr

Elite Member

joloy133

The PCV was initially made for custom bikes, not custom exhausts. Most speed bikes ran straight pipes out. I don't know the business relationship of dynojet (pcv) and tbr, but they may be independent. The tuner that dynoed my bike preferred the PCV. Juicebox may be enough of what aftermarket modders need however, and TBR seems like a good company. I'd go that way if I had their exhaust. (..I'm undecided on a catchall map, because even new bikes aren't all exactly the same......are they....close enough....? A custom dyno is set up with one bike, yours!)

pyrocpu

Having gone through the process of a standalone ECU on one of my previous cars several years back, it's true there's more HP potential in the standalone unit. However, being my daily driver, my normal day-to-day drivability/tractability was mediocre at best. MPG also dropped by 7MPG overall (roughly 25% drop).

As much tuning potential there may be w/ the PCV, I'm sticking to a piggyback-type controller at most, if/when I do pull the trigger on this mod.

Funkmaxtor

Ok so I got the Juice Box and have it installed. The install was super easy. 30 minutes was all it took. So far I have not changed the preset map that Two Brothers puts on it. What I have noticed is that it helps with the popping but doesnt not completely eliminate it. It also smooths out the power even more. I may try to enhance the throttle response a bit by adjusting the settings. Has anyone else adjusted their Juice Box? If so what are your settings?