T-Rex Frame Slider Instructions

BKP

Did anyone have a rough time getting the smaller bolts on the right side to screw in? I think the red lock tite they use at the factory was an issue, i really had to wrench them in there.

I also had to use 2 washers on one of the bolts on the right side, it was way too long, and wouldnt sit flush against plate/adapter.

I thought i was cross threading but when i backed the bolts out and looked at them there was red crud all over them.
Well, I got the T-Rex sliders on (actually last weekend), and I'm *very* pleased with them. I didn't run into the washer issues that you did with the long bolt, however. They all sit flush, with just the single washer.

The two smaller bolts on the right side *were* tough to screw in. I only saw a hint of red on one of the threads on those smaller bolts, so probably didn't have the tough time you did. However, while I didn't use any Locktite (I never use red, I use blue, when I *do* use it), I *did* torque them in right up to mfgr recommendation...

rx9790

Well mine were a week old and i can verify they work. Got dropped in the driveway and no damage at all to plastics, but chewed up the left slider and brand new ASV lever.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

dont think so

I don't think so, I just installed the new designed ones and they screw onto a big bolt welded onto the bracket. I think on the old ones you actually put a screw through the open hole in the puck to attach them.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BKP

I have the older style as well... however, if the cost doesn't phase you, I'd go with the entire package replacement. They seemed to have engineered a much thicker screw on bolt, which would much better resist shearing in a low side slide...

I think of the frame sliders as just "lay your bike down gently, while it's not even moving" protectors. Any significant low-side, and just about *any* high-side will snap those puppies like dry kindling.

pyratio

T-REX winter sale

--Just ordered a set of frame sliders from T-rex and they have a 15% off sale on everything. just use promo code "WINTER".

~p

latony007

--Just ordered a set of frame sliders from T-rex and they have a 15% off sale on everything. just use promo code "WINTER".

~p
i love the newer version (i dont think pictured anywhere on this thread) You can sort of see them on this picture, they are not fatter at the bottom and taper a bit. Must have added 5 lbs though.

Attachments