Stripped!

JSP

Super Moderator
So I decided I would clean the look of the bike up and strip the fairings of the stars (both) and take the Yamaha Coin logos off of the tank.

I think it looks 100x better! Love it. It looks much cleaner and the lines pop so much more now. I was going to paint my windshield too, but it was starting to rain so I couldnt. Wife would kill me if I tried it inside.

PICTURES!!!!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

zig308

Looks nice. I'm thinking about taking the fairing stickers off as well. Not sure I will take the coin logos off though.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks AWESOME!! :thumbup: Now get rid of the stickers on the left side of the swingarm!! :spank:

Cute kid. In that pic, the bike looks huge next to her! lol

Did you follow the little how-to for removing the stickers or did you use another method? So far, I think the easiest way has been to just heat them up. How did you remove the coin badges? Did you have any adhesive residue to clean up?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
That looks AWESOME!! :thumbup: Now get rid of the stickers on the left side of the swingarm!! :spank:

Cute kid. In that pic, the bike looks huge next to her! lol

Did you follow the little how-to for removing the stickers or did you use another method? So far, I think the easiest way has been to just heat them up. How did you remove the coin badges? Did you have any adhesive residue to clean up?
I just used a hair dryer and heated them up a little bit. The sides pulled off really easy.

The coin badges were the worst! They left a solid black coin underneath of felt adhesive or something. I tried to use some fishing line on the other side and that didn't help much either. Took a while to get that residue off. Duct tape helps good to pull the sticky up.

cbzdel

Wow!! Now I want to peel those coin badges off my black bike!! I also want to peel off the FZ6R logo, maybe I will tonight :)

Thanks for the pics!

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice. Now just get some flush mounts and an FE kit and you're set. :D
Yeah. Me and Dart were talking about the flush mounts. Now that the sides are clean, they seem to stand out more now. (the stock turn signals).

I was thinking about making my own FE kit eventually.

JSP

Super Moderator
Some black fairing bolts would look pretty sick IMO...
Definitely! Especially since I'm going to paint my windshield black, I think some black fairing bolts would make it look that much better.

xplodnstar

Nice look.

Cute model too!

GoGreen09

Maybe it's just me, but the pic with your cute model makes me think of Transformers! Great job!

For those wanting to take the decals off, really use heat (wisely)! If you don't, you'll have an uphill battle with the residue.

SLAMF

I really like the look of that now. Much cleaner and less distracting. But now I got a great idea. Turn it into a Pittsburgh Steelers bike now. It would be one of a kind.

JonKerr

Elite Member

demon408

lookin great

its always great to do somthin thats add a personal touch to your bike and what makes it even better is that u didnt have to spend money, those are the best mods:wav: