Staying Put?

WenMark

While I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to step up I can think of some good reasons to stay put.
1. Speed = This bike goes at least 110-120. Do I really want to chance a ticket or loss of license?
2. Insurance = Called My Insurance Agent State Farm just to get a quote. She said anything over 1000cc will significantly raise rates.
3. Comfort = This bike is just downright comfortable even for my fanny.
4. Looks = The FZ6R gets it's share of compliments
5. Spouse effect = The wife does not want me on a rocket and even she can take this bike for a spin now and then.
6. Fun factor =This bike is really fun and I can ride all day
7. Cost = Did not break my wallet when I bought it.
8. Color choices = I like the colors they came out with
9. Cool Forum members = You guys are really cool your like family
10. Etc = Did I leave anything out anyone else??

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I think you nailed this on the head! :thumbup::steve:

Unless you plan to do a lot of track days, there really isn't any practical use for a larger supersport bike. It begs to be cracked open, but that has too many risks while riding on the streets.

I like what I've got, it's paid off, and if I want something faster, I will buy a used/cheap sport bike to be designated for the track.

JSP

Super Moderator
I have to agree 100%. Rolling onto the freeway you can crack it open and hit 90 in no time at all... If you know how to use the powerband, there is nothing that this bike cannot do on the street. Its a great all around street bike.

Superfly

For me to upgrade to an R6 my insurance goes from around $500 to around $2000. Thats just not going to happen anytime soon...I dont even use all the speed this bike has most of the time...and its comfortable...you just win everywhere!!!;)

Mart Man FZ6R

Price ($6200 OTD) + great looks + all day comfort + gas mileage + cheap insurance (under $400 a year in CA) + all the power you really need on the street. That's a whole lota win if you ask me.

Now this doesn't mean I wouldn't take a Z1000. Those rolling no clutch wheelies are just too fun. Stupid, but fun.

tractorboy

Plus/added comment. Assuming this is many riders first bike or first of this size/caliber......

Just cause you've ridden a yr or so ( since the bike came out) and have had no problems ie crashes and have gotten VERY used to it...does not mean our skills may yet be good enough to move up?

Now Im not putting words in peoples mouths and many are not in this situation..but.....ME...for instance.....its my 3rd yr of STREET riding and first bike of this size...so......I think to myself...do I really have THAT much experience yet...NO. Is there much more to learn on it....YES.....

Just food for thought for people that have purchased this as their first/beginner big.

Either way..or for whatever reason..I like my 6Rrr and look forward to many mores years of riding it. Im personally not ready for anything bigger yet......

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

arkkornkid

There truly is no need for larger displacement except for straight-line acceleration. And I live in the Delta, it's all flat and straight around here. Which is why most of the sportbike crowd is into 'busas and well, anything over the 1k cc mark. All that is fine for people that just gotta have that thrill, but I could care less about drag racing a bike, so I can get that same rush from a 600. This is my second 600 and have thoroughly enjoyed them both.

I think I made the comment before on here: I'm satisfied with the size of my "manhood" ... no need for me to compensate.

pyrocpu

I love my FZ6R and all, but there's still one part of me still jonesin' for a Ducati Monster (796 most likely, though the 1100 really catches my eye), or a Triumph Street Triple R in Blazing Orange... Neither are cheap enough for me to qualify as "incidental," nor are their riding positions as comfortable as the FZ6R. But that doesn't stop me from drooling! :)

MikeN02

I kind of blew away a beginner on a R6 tonight... all he had on his bike was a two brothers slip on and the rest was stock. As soon as I got on to the on ramp to the freeway. I hit about 65 - 70 while leaning off the seat and just left him from then onwards, slowed down to let him catch up to me and he waved and I was off again.

Point of the story proves:

With some experience any bike can be a beast, this bike has plenty of power and you'd still get into a lot of trouble, not to mention some people get it confused with an R6 or R1.

Last edited:

ajkewler

Price ($6200 OTD) + great looks + all day comfort + gas mileage + cheap insurance (under $400 a year in CA) + all the power you really need on the street. That's a whole lota win if you ask me.

Now this doesn't mean I wouldn't take a Z1000. Those rolling no clutch wheelies are just too fun. Stupid, but fun.
I think my g/f's coverage is about 120 a year from progressive for her fz6r. My r1 cost about 660 a year from AAA for comp and thief. So aside from the lower insurance rates its really hard to beat the looks of the FZ6R and the comfort.

FZ6Raven

I envy you guys lol. I'm with jevco and last year I payed $3100 for insurance on my fz6r. Bare in mind i'm still only 23 years old and its my first year riding so i sort of expected it. I work for the city of toronto so i'll definitely be looking into their personal insurance this year. One of my buddies switched for his car/house and ended up saving $200 a month. Kingsway quoted me $13000+ for insurance last year :rof: Although I know it will be going up considering i'm not getting another 6R... I will be getting the 09 zx6r monster edition so we'll see what happens. I loved my 6r don't get me wrong. But I want to start learning how to ride properly and hit up the track as often as possible and from what i've read the zx6r is a great track bike and the people i know who have em say the same thing.

ajkewler

I envy you guys lol. I'm with jevco and last year I payed $3100 for insurance on my fz6r. Bare in mind i'm still only 23 years old and its my first year riding so i sort of expected it. I work for the city of toronto so i'll definitely be looking into their personal insurance this year. One of my buddies switched for his car/house and ended up saving $200 a month. Kingsway quoted me $13000+ for insurance last year :rof: Although I know it will be going up considering i'm not getting another 6R... I will be getting the 09 zx6r monster edition so we'll see what happens. I loved my 6r don't get me wrong. But I want to start learning how to ride properly and hit up the track as often as possible and from what i've read the zx6r is a great track bike and the people i know who have em say the same thing.
wow 3100 for insurance thats nuts. I heard that in canada most insurance companies are ran by the government so its pretty much a monopoly. Wonder how much more it would cost you on the kawi. I sat on one recently and feels like a very nice bike. My buddy is looking to get one soon as he recovers from his accident.

Roaddawg

$3100!! That blows. Granted I don't have comprehensive, just 100k collision/60k injury, but I paid $100 A YEAR the first year and $77 this year....all through Geico. no tickets/no accidents/married/35 yrs old. If I had to pay $3100, I wouldn't have a motorcycle. After 2 years of $3100, you'd be able to buy a new bike!

JonKerr

Elite Member