Speed Limiter

esenior

Was wondering first if the 2015 FZ6R has a speed limiter built in.

Now I know I am probably going to catch some flak for this, but I actually want to LOWER the speed limiter. My son is getting a bit too crazy on the bike and was hoping I could slow him down a bit by reducing the limiter (assuming it has one). Anyone know of a programmer or a company that can custom program a lower speed limit? Would prefer to handle this myself so that it can be easily undone later.

Thanks....Eric

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rumpig

Marthy's right, the aussie version came out as a learner approved bike ( power/ weight limit) which was just a throttle stop. This pic shows the difference, the bottom one is unrestricted, having a cut off stop allowing 100% throttle.

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
This would be an expensive solution but it is an option.
The company is ecunleashed.com and they typically remove the factory ignition advance inhibitors from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, then in some cases push the rev limiter out beyond factory settings.

That said, I would bet they may be able to reduce it too and keep it away from the happy spot. :eek:

The downside: shipping the ecu to a dealer/rep and the cost. They ding you $4 - 500 USD.

An option is used ecu (fleebay or a part out here), flash it to kill the joy and drop that in. Keep the original for later....

As I know it the older sibling the FZ6 the gauge retains the odometer info... these IDK!