So what's everybodys job?

bmw675

What you do
Water Plant Operator
I operate the treament plants and make sure there is enough for customer demand.

Who you work for
American Water

A little about the company you work for
It is a water utility company that is in 30+ states across the country.
Locally, we serve approx. 150k people.

CrazyCawi

My job requires an Associate Degree in Computer Aided Drafting....
Thank you :) You see im going to college for my associates in accounting, but everyone keeps telling me associates is a waste of time. I am curious how well they work in the job force getting a job with one. And you look like your doing pretty well :)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Pizzle

What you do: Systems Admin

Who you work for: Surgical Hospital

A little about the company you work for: The hospital specializies in orthopedic, spine, cosmetic, breast oncology and podiatric surgery.

My job doesn't require a degree (along as you have plenty of experience to compensate) but it helps especially if you want to be considered for any jobs in management.

CrazyCawi

Associate should get you in the door, and after a while, you can use equivalent experience to make up for the lack of a Bachelors. I make over $40k so I am happy with the $5K that I spent on school. I am happy that I made the decision that I did!! Good luck man!
I made the mistake of going to a private school so im pretty much $^%&ED on my student loan part. :(

kevin8198

Elite Member

Imamuon

What you do
I started out as a nurse (RN-associates degree), got my BS in business (paid for by my hospital employer), started working in the OR and got involved with an IT implementation for scheduling, billing, and inventory. Went to work for a vendor (doing systems integration) who funded further education to get my MBA. I now am a Program Manager/executive account manager for one of our most valued healthcare accounts in The US.

Who you work for
Siemens

We are a Global 500 company with nearly 500,000 employees, 65,000 in the US. We make imaging equipment, lab instruments, electronic medical records, water purification, smart building automation hvac controls fire alarm systems, security systems, green energy solutions like wind turbines, smart grid power distribution technology, high speed mag-lev and light rail trains, postal sorting machines, and airport security technologies, among other things. Great company to work for. If you want a job that will be relevant in the future, this is the company to work for. PM me your resume when you are ready. :D

PS - Diluted, small world, I used to be a nursing shift supervisor at AAMC.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Parcho

What you do
Graphic Design for HCA Hospitals in Florida and Georgia

Who you work for
Xerox

Xerox does a lot more than printers. They are the company that handles the automated toll booths in Florida etc.

Chucker

I am a professional idiot.
You realize professional just means you get paid to do it. It doesn't necessarily mean you're good at it. You may not be a perfect idiot.

What you do
Deskside PC support/Network Engineer

Who you work for
Army Contractor

The company I work for is crap. They won the contract here by underbidding by over a million dollars. Once they won the contract, immediately dropped everyone's salary by at least 4-10K/yr. But I work to keep wife and kids fed, housed and happy, so I am stuck til I find another venue.

iSpoolin

iSpoolin

Harda toenail

I am a student at southeast missouri state university. I'm a junior in the bachelor of science in nursing program.
I work at the local dairy queen about 30-45 hours a week depending on homework/test schedules to pay for my toys :). I've been managing for almost 2 years there and managed for 3 years at some dairy queens in Jefferson county during high school. Can't wait to be done with school and start nursing and be done with dairy queens.
I plan on moving back to Jefferson county in 2 years and working in a st Louis hospital then getting my masters degree to become a nurse practitioner.

bikerMommy

What you do
I'm a Photographer

Who you work for
Portrait Innovations

We shoot kids and families for a living.