So... Tires that don't wear extremely fast...

Lpfm1990

Well. Already again. I need tires (been running Pirelli angel st's front and rear) and 3100 miles later and I'm not far from cords showing on the back.... Front tire is hammered also (that's been on for 10k) I live in an area that is mostly straight roads with not much curves, but I do 400+ mile days into an area with curves and tend to use most of the tire (very little "chicken" strips left) so I want a tire that I can get more then 3-4K if possible. Been tossing around the Angel gt's, continental contimotions, Michelin pilot 4's, or is there another tire that is decent priced (or has a combo available for front/rear as a package)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

djunglew

I like the pilot 4's. Have the GT's on my liter bike and regular on the fz6r. Don't have a ton of miles on them yet tho. I think the GT's have a firmer middle compound but not sure if they are recommended for our bikes.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

fazer1

Hey lpfm1990 - I just ordered the Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires and chose those over the Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires since they're a bit softer and the reviews said people were getting 6k mileage out of them. The 4's are a bit harder and would last longer, but they are also dual compound so you get softer sides and a harder center.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

xleeb0y13x

Just ordered some Dunlop roadsmart 3's to replace my Q3's. Reviews showed them getting 12k or so on the rear and a bit more on the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lpfm1990

to update this, i ended up with the conti-motions, got about 3500 miles on them, and probably about 1000-1500 left to go on them, for the price vs miles, i cant complain, and they feel amazingly better on the roads i hit over the angel st's i had ran prior (enough that the 2nd day out i took them down to almost no chicken strips XD) so, for now im gonna stick with those for the rear, the front, didnt balance out great (or i bent the front rim slightly somehow?), i think i got a bad tire, being it vibrates not horribly bad, but if you let go of the bars, they shake abit, not enough to numb the hands after an all day ride, but it never had done it leading up to these tires