Small mods

neshi

neshi

I just looked at the fender cabling. Is there an easy way to get to the back turn lights? It looks as if my big monkey hands are going to have problems!

MikeN02

I just looked at the fender cabling. Is there an easy way to get to the back turn lights? It looks as if my big monkey hands are going to have problems!
Like many suggested, remove the right fairing. It's easier that way, trust me... I have small hands (I fit into a medium glove) and it's still tight. It's mainly because the wires are tucked deep in there and covered by a weather proof casing too.

I looked at that FE on ebay too, didn't really like how the metal was showing and the position but take pics of it! I made my own and saved some money. Also good job finding those flush mounts, I paid about $20 for mine but mine were chrome instead of amber.

YamahaChick

I got the same fender kit from the same dude....just put it on today but now my front turn signals stay on even when not signalling...damn thing doesn't come with resistors so now I gotta figure out what type to get to fix the front signals :-(

You may want to send the seller a message about that....

Cheers!

JonKerr

Elite Member

YamahaChick

The front signals always stayed on as running lights. Doesn't matter what you're using for rear signals.
Are you sure? I don't recall the front ones staying on before installing this kit...hmmmm....dammit, I wish my memory didn't suck

EDIT: I just checked the hubby's Ninja 250 (stock) and his front ones aren't on when not signalling....

Heineken

Elite Member

neshi

Are you sure? I don't recall the front ones staying on before installing this kit...hmmmm....dammit, I wish my memory didn't suck

EDIT: I just checked the hubby's Ninja 250 (stock) and his front ones aren't on when not signalling....
I will check tonight b4 i cover the her down tonight!

YamahaChick

I will check tonight b4 i cover the her down tonight!
Much appreciated -- cuz if they ARE on then I can put the backend back together :)

neshi

awwww... you tuck "her" in and stuff, that's so sweet :justkidding: :D
I have to in the spring and summer she sleeps outside of my condo instead of my mothers garage.

JonKerr

Elite Member

neshi

Yes I'm 100% sure. The stock front signals use a double filament light and there's a third wire in the plug. That's for the constant current to go to the running lights.
Ok its been confirmed!

Attachments

tractorboy

YamahaChick

Here's what that FE kit will look like:

May need to 'adjust' it a bit so the plate doesn't face the sky...some cops may have issues with that...

MikeN02

My plate totally faces the sky. I'd rather have it like that then puncture a tire. I haven't had any problems with cops here... it's usually when you're a jerk while riding that they write you up for other stuff.

Plus the excess metal hanging was one of the reasons why that FE turned me off.

neshi

Well I got and installed the front turn signals these are the pics! There is a holding clip on the back of the stock light. You can spin back and forth to get it off but its easier to just lift on of the tabs, it then just pops out.

Attachments

neshi

So that's the GPS, the lights and stickers.

Still have the FE, wind screen & tank graphic to take care of.

neshi

just got my fe putting it together but too late to mount i envy you all with the garage

JonKerr

Elite Member