Slip on exhaust to loud?

Rumpig

My Dan moto slip on is pretty loud, even with the decibel killer and being that I leave for work around 4 am I have been looking for a way to quieten it down a bit. After looking at different types of decibel killers I thought i'd try something simple, a 50mm washer. It's a perfect fit in between the header reducer and the slip on and reduces the sound level but still sounds good. Currently have a 14mm hole thru the washer, tried 20mm but was to loud, original 10mm hole is real quite. Cheap, easy to do and easily reversible.

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Rumpig

Can't say I noticed any lose of power and the AFR gauge said it was running richer higher up in the revs. They reckon a shorty exhaust will give false lean readings but normally only at lower rpm.

Rumpig

After going for another ride it does seem a bit down on power till 8000rpm but quieter is still better, i'll keep tinkering and see what else I can come up with.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rumpig

The Danmoto is that short I don't think theres much I can do on the outlet side. I was thinking of getting a longer slip on, but would probably have to cut and shut the reducer to get the angle of the dangle right. A different DBK might help.