Slightly bent front rim

dawg

Hi, my front rim is slightly bent but no air loss and I have been riding with it for awhile now.

I'm just wondering if it is risky to ride with it like this?

Thanks!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dawg

buddy of mine had one worse than that and it held air, we didn't noticed until we were going to change the tire... but, the new tire wouldn't hold (couldn't get the bead to set in), so it might be fine for now, but when you go to put on a new tire, it could be a problem. Also a weak spot for the next time you hit a pot hole...

for piece of mind, I'd bring it into a shop and have them check it out, could be that just the outside lip has a bend, but the bead area itself could be ok.
Thanks, I'm planning to get it checked out. I'm just wondering if they will suggest to replace it regardless if it really needs it or not... but I will see what they say.

Chucker

I'd be afraid to ride on that, other than very slowly to the shop. Might be OK, might not. I'd hate to find it's not OK the hard way.

bmw675

AL72

How it happened?? I pass over a road bump a little fast (I could not see the bump it because was unpainted and it was under a tree shadow), it was a very hard hit, but I stop to check the front wheel and I can´t see any deformation in the wheel or the tire.

Regards!

dawg

not sure how it happened. I must of hit a pothole really hard.

thanks everyone for the feedback. I will look at getting it replaced or repaired.

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Last edited:

SpawnXX

Premium Member