Show off your TankBags!

JSP

Super Moderator
But if you walking inside somewhere, you just carry with you?
I do. Some tank bags have straps that make them into sort of a backpack when off the bike. I have just a carry handle that I carry. Same with helmet, etc. Gloves go in the bag, and I carry the bag and helmet.

danieljardim

I do. Some tank bags have straps that make them into sort of a backpack when off the bike. I have just a carry handle that I carry. Same with helmet, etc. Gloves go in the bag, and I carry the bag and helmet.
Made my mind about getting a tank bag.

Is really safe. Wont fall off?

JSP

Super Moderator
Made my mind about getting a tank bag.

Is really safe. Wont fall off?
You can get ones that strap on or magnetic. I have had my magnetic at speeds of over 150 and has not budged. (closed course of course) ;)

One issue with magnetics though.... They can scratch your tank if you slide them to get them off. If there is any dirt/grit on your tank. I had cut my chain off of my old bike and had my bag on the ground. The magnet in the tank bag grabbed a shard from my chain. When I put it on my bike and took it off, it gouged it pretty good haha. So just be careful putting them on and off. Lift to reposition, do not slide them.

JSP

Super Moderator
When spirited riding and you want to lean over the tank, they can get in the way too... I cannot use mine when I go in the mountains on the R6. Some sport saddlebags would be ideal, but then you still have the worry of theft and a little more inconvenient to take off the bike with you.

danieljardim

When spirited riding and you want to lean over the tank, they can get in the way too... I cannot use mine when I go in the mountains on the R6. Some sport saddlebags would be ideal, but then you still have the worry of theft and a little more inconvenient to take off the bike with you.

Too noob to do spirit rides....... ;)

found this one.. sees like a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280801142747&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

BoneJj

You can get ones that strap on or magnetic. I have had my magnetic at speeds of over 150 and has not budged. (closed course of course) ;)

One issue with magnetics though.... They can scratch your tank if you slide them to get them off. If there is any dirt/grit on your tank. I had cut my chain off of my old bike and had my bag on the ground. The magnet in the tank bag grabbed a shard from my chain. When I put it on my bike and took it off, it gouged it pretty good haha. So just be careful putting them on and off. Lift to reposition, do not slide them.
A simple fix for the scratching issue, take clear packing tape and stick it to your tank in the areas where the pads touch the tank, if you want to be really cheap, lol. You can't see the stuff unless you look hard and it will be a very strong barrier on your tank to prevent scratches.

If you want to do it right just order some 3m clear bra vinyl and cut up and put it on your tank, that stuff will last a good 5 years and you'll not have to worry about it being a royal pain to get off when you want it off. I ordered some recently to put on my bike but I'm holding off until I get my new one, once my current bike actually sells.

Reactions: JSP

JSP

Super Moderator
A simple fix for the scratching issue, take clear packing tape and stick it to your tank in the areas where the pads touch the tank, if you want to be really cheap, lol. You can't see the stuff unless you look hard and it will be a very strong barrier on your tank to prevent scratches.

If you want to do it right just order some 3m clear bra vinyl and cut up and put it on your tank, that stuff will last a good 5 years and you'll not have to worry about it being a royal pain to get off when you want it off. I ordered some recently to put on my bike but I'm holding off until I get my new one, once my current bike actually sells.
Indeed. Thats a good idea haha. The 3m clear bra would work great.