Service Manual ERROR!

Half-Click Up

Anyone with the FZ6R Service Manual .PDF, please verify this with me:

Page 5-15 indicates the torque spec for the camshaft sprocket bolts to be 1.5 ft. lbs.
When I saw that, I was like "Well that's WAY too loose.." and so I referred back to Page 5-9, which is the general blow-out illustration page for camshaft removal, and sure enough on that page it indicates the sprocket bolts to require 15 ft. lbs. (that's more like it!).

Anyone with an attention to detail will catch this, but damn that would be a HELLUVA mistake to make because of a misprint!

jroc99

Anyone with the FZ6R Service Manual .PDF, please verify this with me:

Page 5-15 indicates the torque spec for the camshaft sprocket bolts to be 1.5 ft. lbs.
When I saw that, I was like "Well that's WAY too loose.." and so I referred back to Page 5-9, which is the general blow-out illustration page for camshaft removal, and sure enough on that page it indicates the sprocket bolts to require 15 ft. lbs. (that's more like it!).

Anyone with an attention to detail will catch this, but damn that would be a HELLUVA mistake to make because of a misprint!
Yup good catch.. if you convert the 20Nm it is indeed just under 15 ft lbs. My manual shows the same, I will correct it.