Serious addiction..

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

I've had my bike for less than two months and I think I've spent more money on this thing than anything other than my recording studio and I'm getting close to the amount that I payed for the bike! I know I'll never get close to what I put in so I have a feeling I'll be riding this thing til the wheels fall off (and let's hope that never happens)

I'm glad I've pretty much run out of mods or I'll probably be homeless in another month.

I've wanted to upload some pictures, but I'm so close to having everything done that I'm just going to wait, lol. Damn, all the mods and buying full gear doesn't come cheap!

I just wanted to thank all you guys and gals with all the threads and how-to's you've put up and also damn you for making me wanting to do them, lol. This is a great community and I'm so glad I found it and this bike.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

There are always more mods. LOL! FZ6 cams, V stacks, etc, etc...

Air box will probably be my next one.. But I'll probably take a month off of buying stuff and actually learn to ride this thing better considering it's my first bike.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fraze

I'm 3 months with mine and I know what you mean. When I bought it I said the ONLY thing I was goona do was a fender eliminator...pfff...so much for that...I'm about $700 deep now. Modding is what makes it yours. I did the same thing with my previous bike. Its addictive....and this forum doesn't help that!! :p

Brent27

I'm kind of in the same place but I've been focusing on comfort mods. New windscreen, grips and I have a seat on the way. After frame sliders I think I'll be about done. I'd like to get a new exhaust but they're so expensive. I really like the under bike exhaust. The look and fact it puts that weight lower is great, but replacing the whole system puts it about the same price as when I upgraded the exhaust in my V8 car. Paying essentially 20% of what my bike cost is shying me away.

Fraze

I'm kind of in the same place but I've been focusing on comfort mods. New windscreen, grips and I have a seat on the way. After frame sliders I think I'll be about done. I'd like to get a new exhaust but they're so expensive. I really like the under bike exhaust. The look and fact it puts that weight lower is great, but replacing the whole system puts it about the same price as when I upgraded the exhaust in my V8 car. Paying essentially 20% of what my bike cost is shying me away.
Couldn't agree more...The exhaust is the ONE thing that really really bugs me. That square box is the ugliest damn thing I've ever seen, they could have done so much better. Its like they put together this great bike and then went to the scrap pile to do the exhaust. I know there are "mod" slip on options and the Marthy option but short of that, a grand + for a full aftermarket system is completely ridiculous...if this were a super sport, maybe, but that kind of money for an exhaust for this bike is insane.

Last edited:

Brent27

Couldn't agree more...The exhaust is the ONE thing that really really bugs me. That square box is the ugliest damn thing I've ever seen, they could have done so much better. Its like they put together this great bike and then went to the scrap pile to do the exhaust. I know there are "mod" slip on options and the Marthy option but short of that, a grand + for a full aftermarket system is completely ridiculous...if this were a super sport, maybe, but that kind of money for an exhaust for this bike is insane.
I've been thinking about trying the "free" exhaust mod that I found on here to see how that goes. I'm looking for a louder sound while trying not to spend a ton of money and not loud enough to make everyone in the 1/2 mile vicinity want to murder me. With that mod though its irreversible so that's given me pause.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

FastFreddy

If the enthusiasm is there, go with it and hope it lasts. Don't delay action when the enthusiasm is strong.

I definitely need to replace most of my gear. Gloves wear out quick these days. I swear the first cheap pair fitted best.

Do you have any favourite mikes ?

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

I recommend spending decent money on gear. Doesn't have to be obscene though. My first bike was a thousand dollar 1991 naked GS 500E. I think once I got boots, pants, textile and leather jackets, full gauntlet gloves, helmet, and bike stands, I had to be at least $1,500 into gear....

But HOLY CRAP what did you get!? Exhaust, PCV, LED lights, bars, HID retrofit, I can't see that adding up to more than maybe $2,500 tops??

No light, but motul oil change, K&N air filter and oil filter, engine ice, tires on their way, plus what I have in my sig and multiple LEDs that I never used as I was an idiot and did all of it with trial and error.. I'm on my second set of flush mounts because I ruined the first pair on some idiotic wire taping. The gear was just as much as all the mods. It's my first bike so everything came at once. I mean hell, my helmet was $600 alone! lol.. But I work hard for my money and it was time I did something for myself and this is what I did :) gear was my number one priority when I got the bike. I didn't even ride it home before I had my helmet, pants, gloves and jacket in. It sat at the dealers for almost a week and a half. I must have looked like the biggest pussy ever for not taking it home that day and telling them I was waiting on my gear. I mean, considering we have a no helmet law in Arkansas, lol. Screw that though.. I'm definitely the AGATT kinda guy.

Last edited:

Brent27

No light, but motul oil change, K&N air filter and oil filter, engine ice, tires on their way, plus what I have in my sig and multiple LEDs that I never used as I was an idiot and did all of it with trial and error.. I'm on my second set of flush mounts because I ruined the first pair on some idiotic wire taping. The gear was just as much as all the mods. It's my first bike so everything came at once. I mean hell, my helmet was $600 alone! lol.. But I work hard for my money and it was time I did something for myself and this is what I did :) gear was my number one priority when I got the bike. I didn't even ride it home before I had my helmet, pants, gloves and jacket in. It sat at the dealers for almost a week and a half. I must have looked like the biggest pussy ever for not taking it home that day and telling them I was waiting on my gear. I mean, considering we have a no helmet law in Arkansas, lol. Screw that though.. I'm definitely the AGATT kinda guy.
I did about the same thing. I picked up all the gear before I got the bike and even got a few things like the helmet and jacket before I started the MSF class.

I find it funny, I had a friend last night ask me why I was wearing all my gear to ride about a mile back home from where we were at. I had it on me from my ride getting there... why not take the 3 minutes to put it on? You never know what can happen in a mile. Almost got in an argument over it. Not sure why she cared, especially being a non-rider I wouldn't think she'd have any opinions one way or the other.