SCRATCH On Crankcase Cover. Help!

Michael Wilson

possibly try to go to an auto parts store and get touch up marker? Wont be an exact match but atleast it wont stick out liek a sore thumb.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Michael Wilson

Its ok Danielle it happens to everyone! i was riding with my grandpa nad his friends the other day when he pushed his bike with the kick stand down and down it went. Try the Testors model paint and/or the touch up marker

Alex6

I think you can't ride the bike until this horrible damage is addressed. You might want to replace the bike to feel safer.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Alex6

I should have mentioned that the scratch is angled towards the bottom, so if someone was standing up and looking at the bike, you can barely see it (with the help of the Sharpie). It's only really visible when you crouch down and look at it at eye level. My friends think I'm overreacting, but I've only had the damn thing for a little over a month.

Like I said, I really lucked out...
They think? :rolleyes:

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bloodypulp

i should have mentioned that the scratch is angled towards the bottom, so if someone was standing up and looking at the bike, you can barely see it (with the help of the sharpie). It's only really visible when you crouch down and look at it at eye level. My friends think i'm overreacting, but i've only had the damn thing for a little over a month.

Like i said, i really lucked out...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368664348.072890.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368664369.466406.jpg

BF12fz6r

I Hit sand last Sunday and went down, I ended up stripping the paint and doing a few hours work to sand it down. I just need to get paint and didn't know what to get but because of this thread now I have an idea, Thanks.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

sammacfarlane

I Hit sand last Sunday and went down, I ended up stripping the paint and doing a few hours work to sand it down. I just need to get paint and didn't know what to get but because of this thread now I have an idea, Thanks.

That is a solid ****ing effort... I did the same thing and I just purchased a replacement cover on eBay for $30.
I don't think it's OEM but it looks identical, down to the YAMAHA.