running over bikes like bowling pins

linkgt

All I gotta say is I would have done the same thing to protect my family. I would have drop the hammer and be gone! Not sure why they didn't call the cop. Most than likely the SUV could have stay on the freeway and run them all out of gas!

Maybe that's a reason why I don't hang out at bike nights much. Been there few time and it end up to be squidfest popping whellies and high speed stuff. Last time I went I was comfortably riding at the back of the pack with my wife... kind of I have nothing to do with those idiots!
Exactly. I hate the majority of bikers. They're mostly @$$holes, unfortunately and it's usually why I just end up riding by myself or with my brother.

These are the tools that give bikers a bad name...

...and why I carry concealed...
+1

a lot more info:

SEE IT: Pack of motorcyclists chase driver, his wife and child in SUV, attack him in upper Manhattan after fender bender on West Side Highway - NY Daily News

"The wild chase began after the driver struck one of the motorcycles on the West Side Highway. He initially stopped after the accident. But when a group of bikers began to damage his SUV, he fled the scene."
Again, we see these guys are animals. I can understand the frustration of being involved in an accident, especially when it's mostly the other parties fault. Most of us have been there, myself included but to just start attacking the driver simply because of it? Typical New york city thuggish/ghetto behavior.

I need to move out to NY asap.

anticsd

What would you do?

I can't condone the action of these riders or the driver of the SUV.
GOPR2900 - YouTube

No riders were injured according to reports only bikes and the driver, I feel this could've been avoided if he just sat in his car. The driver in the SUV was clearly wrong after he gunned it when bikers surrounding him. As for the riders 400lbs vs. 4tons isn't really smart. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

What are your opinions? I didn't participate due to the fact I knew cops would be around the city with checkpoints and I had a broken tail light (Getting replaced on Wednesday) and knew my bike would've been either impounded or ticketed.

Dustin600

There are dozens of videos like this on YouTube. A rider or group of riders out on the road acting like they own it. They disrespect everyone else and if someone retaliates in the least, they become a target and the situation escalates quickly. I say they found exactly what they were looking for.

linkgt

I can't condone the action of these riders or the driver of the SUV.
GOPR2900 - YouTube

No riders were injured according to reports only bikes and the driver, I feel this could've been avoided if he just sat in his car. The driver in the SUV was clearly wrong after he gunned it when bikers surrounding him. As for the riders 400lbs vs. 4tons isn't really smart. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
SEE IT: Pack of motorcyclists chase man in SUV, attack him on upper Manhattan street after fender bender on West Side Highway  - NY Daily News

"The wild chase began after the driver struck one of the motorcycles on the West Side Highway. He initially stopped after the accident. But when a group of bikers began to damage his SUV, he fled the scene."

Right, let me just quietly sit in my car when a pack of thugs just start trying to brake into my car with my wife and kid inside... The riders should act like human beings. If one was hit by accident, they shouldn't have intimidated the driver. but then again, this is NYC and this is typical f**king behavior, unfortunately.

MiniMose

.... if he was really woried about the safety of his kid and wife he would have put them more danger turning his shitmobile into gravedigger.

the story... biker gets swiped... they try to get him to stop... becaus ehe fled the scene. biker break checks then accelerates.. RR HITS bike everyone stops him... he runs over bikes ( if i was in a group and i saw my friends being turned into speed bumps, i cant promise i would have reacted any differently)..

driver then RUNS from scene... bikers stop him again... he runs 3 more down, and flees the scene AGAIN.

gets stopped a third time and gets put into a coma.

if the driver had just backed off and let the bikes go by... then his 5 year old would have been put into further danger...

Sad part is that the bikers will be "the villains" the cager " a hero and victim"

regardless of who was at fault, i think the situation could have been COMPLETELY avoided. do i think the bikers did the right thing... nope... but they did run over a bunch of people.

it makes me sick that everyone is siding with that asshole.

EDIT* i also love the lopsidedness of the media coverage of this.. im done.

ylwf3vr

Well from just going by that 14 min (or so) clip, we just see whole bunch of riders surrounding the car. That can be intimidating sometimes..

Now if he did swipe a bike BEFORE this clip started and kept going.. and that's where it escalated to beginning of this clip.. yes he is in the wrong. He should have stopped and explained the situation, wait for the cops, etc, etc.

Now.. did the guys on the bike start harrassing him before this clip started and intimidated him? So he plowed through?

Yes it could have been avoided at every level and everyONE. But seeing the guy at the end where he's smashing his helmet into the vehicle and rest coming to pound on the vehicle.. little overboard IMO.

How would I react in either shoes? I don't know.. but here's a story:

Driving down toward San Diego on an Interstate.. I see a car behind me with its windshield cracked following me very closly, changing lanes when I do, trying to speed up to catch up. Now, I don't remember running over anything, but I can see this guy was upset. I keep driving toward military post trying to avoid this guy. But before I can reach post, he pulls up next to me on a 4-lane road pointing to his windshield and telling me to pull over. I did.. having my concealed weapon.. luckily he was cool about it. We called our insurance companies.. CHP pulled over to check and the guy told CHP we're good.. unfortunately, my insurance didn't cover it. He said oh well things happen and we went about our day.

To be honest, I had my 1 year old daughter at the time and my wife with me. Without my weapon, I wouldn't have stopped, drove straight to my base. I knew he wouldn't have access..

Sorry this was long lol

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

Oh and not justifying anyone's actions.. I don't know the full story so I can't pass judgement. Just I would feel little nervous having all those bikes around me.

Now if they were in a staggered formation on either side (or even one side).. different story.

anticsd

Unfortunately I drive in this cesspool of a city and these are the riders I encounter on a daily basis. I know NYC isn't the best place to own a vehicle, but I hope people realize roads are public and should learn to share. Most important of all people should own up to their mistakes. I'm almost positive if either person said sorry this could've all been avoided

ylwf3vr

Unfortunately I drive in this cesspool of a city and these are the riders I encounter on a daily basis. I know NYC isn't the best place to own a vehicle, but I hope people realize roads are public and should learn to share. Most important of all people should own up to their mistakes. I'm almost positive if either person said sorry this could've all been avoided
Yes my thoughts exactly too.. be the bigger man/woman

FastFreddy

I'm not sure what they were trying to do.
A better tactic would be to cut the tyre, puncture the radiator, or throw something over the windscreen before approaching the vehicle... ;)

Could you throw this with your left hand ?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVngZM_MU4M"]RPG & Torpedo : Cold Steel Knives - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

FastFreddy

Honestly though, I'm thinking of giving up riding, its getting too dangerous with all the bad asses out there. They've finally got to me, I'm loosing my nerve now, I don't see why I should be putting my life on the line just to ride along down the road.

crobih

If he sideswiped another vehicle, then why do we have no footage of it. All those gopros. Fact is, I can see people without any plates on their bike, which means they are ready to run and endanger everyone.

FastFreddy

Last time I checked, vehicular manslaughter was right up there with all the other dog acts. Getting a punch in the face or a smashed window is nothing compared to running someone over.

crobih

Last time I checked, vehicular manslaughter was right up there with all the other dog acts. Getting a punch in the face or a smashed window is nothing compared to running someone over.
Yes, but here is the thing, turn in your camera footage and let the law settle it. It is illegal to give out vigilante justice. The bikers screwed up

Riccochet

So, the bikers are saying the RR side swiped one of the bikers. By the way they were riding it looked more like one of the bikers rode carelessly close to the RR and got tapped. Then the mob mentality ensued. From the reports the mob started denting his vehicle, so he took off. They chased and then what we know from the video is what happened.

Sorry, those bikers got what was coming to their punk asses. More of them should have suffered the same fate.

Sparkxx1

This is exactly why I don't do the group rides in NYC. What they don't show is motorcycles doing stunts on the street, riding on sidewalks , and generally being jerks. This video makes me so mad because it gives riders a bad name. They had no reason to stop him because they ride like dumbasses. Yes an accident might have happened and if he ran that's when you take pictures of the driver, the car, the plates, and call the cops.

You don't stop a man with his wife and kids like that and expect him not to do anything.

anticsd

Apparently, a biker was injured. I do not know whether this is a hoax or not since news sites and NYPD reports are not shedding light on this incident

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Dustin600

Go to the Youtube page of Michelinman900. He's the one who posted the original video. He's go 50 more videos just like it. That is unless he starts to delete the evidence.