Rox 2" bar risers - front brake line issue?

bobski

I'm installing Rox 2" risers. Bike is on centre stand so suspension is not compressed. Front brake line is tight even with the retaining clip released, it appears to have some stretch capability. Is it ok for the front brake line to be stretched a little? Or do I need to detach the line at the top reservoir and reroute behind the triple clamp or some other way, or do I need to purchase a longer brake line for use with these risers? Advice please!

Chucker

I'd be getting new lines. You don't want to mess with your brake lines. If you're going to replace them, get braided lines.

z21-i

I'm installing Rox 2" risers. Bike is on centre stand so suspension is not compressed. Front brake line is tight even with the retaining clip released, it appears to have some stretch capability. Is it ok for the front brake line to be stretched a little? Or do I need to detach the line at the top reservoir and reroute behind the triple clamp or some other way, or do I need to purchase a longer brake line for use with these risers? Advice please!
I have them on my bike with the stock brake line with no problems. I had to unbolt the retaining clip and move the rubber piece that wraps around the line. I have not had any issues at all.

bobski

I have them on my bike with the stock brake line with no problems. I had to unbolt the retaining clip and move the rubber piece that wraps around the line. I have not had any issues at all.
Ok thanks. I had removed the clip but went back and moved the rubber piece and repositioned the line behind the bracket for the clip and it seems to work. A little tight but looks like it will work now. Cheers :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobski

Hey Bob, I had the same issue when I installed my Renthal 787. I swap the brake line on the calipers. Instead of connecting on the LH side and bridging on the RH side it goes the other way around now... Keeping the line on the RH side all the way down to the caliper give you extra length.
Cool, didn't know that could be done. You really are 'da man' Martin. Is it as simple as disconnecting the main line from the left side, and reconnecting it on the right, and then refilling & bleeding the system . . or is there anything special that needs to be done?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobski

As simple as that! Just swap the whole thing. Might be a good idea to get new crush washer (alum washer... there one shot deal)

Bleed the system and you're good to go... :wav:
Hey Martin, not to belabour this but lol, are you implying that the bridge line be swapped over side to side as well, or just move the main line from the left to right side?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobski

DONE. Thanks for the input guys. For anyone installing 2" risers I found it was necessary to move the front brake line to connect to the right hand caliper (as Marthy suggested, very easy) and release the clip that holds the line to the bracket by the horn. Other than that just loosen a couple of the cable ties as required and everything works fine.

deadlinedan

Rox Risers

I'm having them installed tomorrow. Are you happy with the Rox risers? I bought them cause my lower back was acting up

Thx
D