riding with open pockets

motogp6r

yesterday, i had a mishap. i stopped at a gas station to clean up my faceshield. then i got back on my bike put my phone in my pocket and rode off down the road. 50 miles later in PA i needed to check where i was on my phone/my map. i stuck my hand in my pocket and to my dismay i didnt have to unzipper that pocket. i lost my phone back at the gas station. its really important to zipper your pockets with important items in them. so i rode 40 miles back to baltimore. picked up an old iphone and searched for my missing iphone using find my iphone. if you have an iphone download find my iphone by apple. so my phone was 30 miles away in belair. i took a ride out to find it and i did. when i got back to the gas station where my phone fell out at the cashier had it. he conveniently placed it in the trash can hours before. my phones screen look so demolished he just threw it away it wasnt worth messing with lol. a new phone costs 450. needless to say, i was pissed and i will not be using my jacket pockets again. moral of the story is zip up or be SOL.:rant:

CrazyCawi

yesterday, i had a mishap. i stopped at a gas station to clean up my faceshield. then i got back on my bike put my phone in my pocket and rode off down the road. 50 miles later in PA i needed to check where i was on my phone/my map. i stuck my hand in my pocket and to my dismay i didnt have to unzipper that pocket. i lost my phone back at the gas station. its really important to zipper your pockets with important items in them. so i rode 40 miles back to baltimore. picked up an old iphone and searched for my missing iphone using find my iphone. if you have an iphone download find my iphone by apple. so my phone was 30 miles away in belair. i took a ride out to find it and i did. when i got back to the gas station where my phone fell out at the cashier had it. he conveniently placed it in the trash can hours before. my phones screen look so demolished he just threw it away it wasnt worth messing with lol. a new phone costs 450. needless to say, i was pissed and i will not be using my jacket pockets again. moral of the story is zip up or be SOL.:rant:
Oh Id be pissed....Id go back to that station and pretend you know nothing and ask him straight to his face if he found a phone that day. :rant:

I had this happen but I was in my car and set it on top of the vehicle. I had gotten rear ended leaving a mcdonalds, called the cops filed a report and the phone stayed on top of my car. drove home...no phone. Thought i lost it. Hopped on my bike and drove out to watch the road as I felt id see it better on the bike if anything. Found it....laying inbetween the double yellow :D

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

motogp6r

i had insurance for the first 90 days of having the phone. otherwise im not one to spend money on insurance. but now that this incident happened to me will think twice next time im asked if i want insurance on my phone.

drben69

Hi

not sure where your from but here in australia

you can take your iphone back to the apple store... and get it replaced for only 200$ as they will scrap it for parts

so defiantly worth looking into this for yourself

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

motogp6r

Hi

not sure where your from but here in australia

you can take your iphone back to the apple store... and get it replaced for only 200$ as they will scrap it for parts

so defiantly worth looking into this for yourself
im going to ask the apple forum members if thats true in the united states . it could be that some laws in australia require apple to do that ... id like to be able to do that.

if i cant replace for a newone i will probably just end up repalcing the screen myself as bluethru suggests. the screen costs something like 35 bucks on ebay.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

KeysRider3

Didn't happen to my phone, but to my wallet. I didn't know it was gone until I got home (30 miles). Decided to retrace my route, and found it laying in the roadway a couple hundred yards from where I began. It had been run over many, many times, but the only thing that was lost was a credit card that was spread over 50 feet of highway.

dcBear78

I always use the inside breast pocket for my phone just to be extra sure. I have my wallet in one of the zip up pockets and house keys in the other, but I am pretty anal about making sure that these are zipped up before going anywhere.

And +1 to find my phone. I don't know how many people I know with iPhones have said they lost their phone. I said no probs, we can just locate it with this app. And they are like, "what app?" Since iOS5 (or 4?) it has been a standard built in app, yet people don't set it up.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

motogp6r

Didn't happen to my phone, but to my wallet. I didn't know it was gone until I got home (30 miles). Decided to retrace my route, and found it laying in the roadway a couple hundred yards from where I began. It had been run over many, many times, but the only thing that was lost was a credit card that was spread over 50 feet of highway.
thanks for sharing this, makes me kind of glad i didnt have to play frogger live to reclaim my phone. i hope you deactivated your card after loosing it.:rolleyes:

motogp6r

Mine is always mounted in this...

It will never come out of it unless I dump the bike. Even then it may still be in place if its only a lowside. :thumbup:

Of coarse, If I dump the bike, my phone will be the least of my worries. :eek:
does that connect right to the handlebars or would we need some other device to connect it too. does it fit the iphone4? not sure that any of this matters being that i am still phone-less.:thumbup:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

motogp6r

step 2 purchase screen for phone/american pickers

yesterday, i ordered the replacement screen with screws and tools. i will try and follow the ifixit videos to complete this daunting task. if all goes as planned and my phone works after its "surgery" i will purchase that ram mount. its too inexpensive to not "pop"(phrase taken from american pickers) on. has anyone seen the american pickers van in their city? just wondering?