Riding Groups

WenMark

Took me some time, but I finally have a good group to ride with here in North Georgia Mountains. I did not like the already established biker groups as they seemed too much in the Harley mode (not that I knock that but just isn't me) The roads are fun, especially the twisties. What surprised me is how hard it was to find people to ride with, but after several attempts I picked up a couple of riders off the FZ6 forums and through word of mouth I have picked up 7 more (mostly sport bikes and sport touring bikes). You would not believe how many people can't find the time on weekends to ride in beautiful weather, so after a couple tries I just gave up on them and just kept looking for those who wanted to go. Why have a nice bike if your not going to ride it? I understand people have to work, kids, events but, after 4 attempts I just said well call me if you interested never heard from any. So far I am the only FZ6R owner, but as the bike is out more I'm sure I will pick up more riders. I have had more fun stopping at ma & pa places with my new riding friends and touring around and seeing the sights then stopping and they always want to talk about my "R". Anybody else had this experience?:)

JonKerr

Elite Member

Took me some time, but I finally have a good group to ride with here in North Georgia Mountains. I did not like the already established biker groups as they seemed too much in the Harley mode (not that I knock that but just isn't me) The roads are fun, especially the twisties. What surprised me is how hard it was to find people to ride with, but after several attempts I picked up a couple of riders off the FZ6 forums and through word of mouth I have picked up 7 more (mostly sport bikes and sport touring bikes). You would not believe how many people can't find the time on weekends to ride in beautiful weather, so after a couple tries I just gave up on them and just kept looking for those who wanted to go. Why have a nice bike if your not going to ride it? I understand people have to work, kids, events but, after 4 attempts I just said well call me if you interested never heard from any. So far I am the only FZ6R owner, but as the bike is out more I'm sure I will pick up more riders. I have had more fun stopping at ma & pa places with my new riding friends and touring around and seeing the sights then stopping and they always want to talk about my "R". Anybody else had this experience?:)

Hey WenMark, I'm will be stationed at FT.Benning Georgia in July! Is there any nice places to ride around there!?